Causes of a bad hub bearing assembly??? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Causes of a bad hub bearing assembly???
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:34 PM
Well I bought a reconditioned 04 LSS, it had been hit on the front passenger side in front of the wheel. A month after purchase it started sounding like a 4X4 going down the street. I changed out both bearing for extra insurance but only the passenger side was messed up, the driver side was still good. 2 months later the passenger side bearing messes up, thank god for warranty. What can be the cause of repeated bearings going bad? I have changesd out the passenger side cv axle. Suggestions???? Thanks

Re: Causes of a bad hub bearing assembly???
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:10 PM
Not torquing the axle nut to spec, cheap parts, hitting stuff.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:16 PM
Is the suspension being misaligned a possibility. I was thinking the spindle or control arm may be damaged from the damage by the previous owner
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:46 PM
my 95 cavalier did not come with a seal where the axle shaft goes through to engage the splines of the wheel hub. I replaced it and within a year it was growling again. When I went to get a warranty hub, it now magically came with a seal. BTW I am a regular shopper at Advance Auto Parts.

dennis
Friday, April 27, 2012 6:10 AM
its the hub nut. before you install the ne bearing clean the axle threads and when you reinstall use green locktight and torque to 180ftlbs. not blue or red!

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search