Goldlines and Tokico's - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Goldlines and Tokico's
Friday, April 27, 2012 9:12 AM
Hey guys/gals, yes I done a bit of research today on this in the forums here but never got to much input. I have had goldlines in my car on stock struts for about 3 years now. Now the front are fine but my rear stocks are now gone. So I bought some blue tokico ones for the rear. So anyways now I have the driver side rear about half to a inch higher the the passenger side. Could one of my goldlines settled more than the other on the rear??? Bit of help would be great. Thanks for your time. I have her sitting now for a bit to see if it will even out.

Proud member since 99

Re: Goldlines and Tokico's
Friday, April 27, 2012 7:27 PM
GoldFire wrote:Hey guys/gals, yes I done a bit of research today on this in the forums here but never got to much input. I have had goldlines in my car on stock struts for about 3 years now. Now the front are fine
i doubt it, stock struts don't handle stock springs more than 3 years, let alone drop springs.
Quote:

but my rear stocks are now gone. So I bought some blue tokico ones for the rear. So anyways now I have the driver side rear about half to a inch higher the the passenger side. Could one of my goldlines settled more than the other on the rear??? Bit of help would be great. Thanks for your time. I have her sitting now for a bit to see if it will even out.

sounds to me like the springs didnt seat right. jack the car up again, make sure everything is lined up right, and try again.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, April 28, 2012 8:13 AM
and change your fronts. The blues are significantly harder than the stocks, therefore your car's handling dynamics will change significantly. Could possible be dangerous.

Your front ones will go very soon. Change'em all.

and yes, reseat the springs.
Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:01 PM
Yeah I haven't drove the car in a few years...just been sitting in my garage. Hope to get a few km's on it this summer. But yeah I will be ordering the front in the near future, don't worry .
Plus I took the spring off the strut and put it all back together 3 times now. Gonna see if the car is gonna settle a bit for awhille. It's not getting drove anyways so.....

Proud member since 99
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search