Now that is the way to bag the rear of our cars.Error: Sig not found.
Thats going to be bad ass. keeping white right? I thought I remember you changing something from white....
yeah its staying white, was thinking of 2 tone but not quite yet.
Still got to get the shocks on. Pulled the axle back out to clean up and paint a bit. Also need to fab up the new gas filler tube and add a couple gussetts to the back of the upper cups.
some shots of what i did with the axle
Since i have an extended axle i went to the salvage and bought an axle from a 96 grand am and plasma torched the spring pockets off and weled them to the J body axle. If you are using a stock axle i dont see why you couldnt use the stock N body axle, i couldnt find a difference.
Made the lower cups, 5.25" diameter and 1.25" high.
I wasnt comfortable having "floating" cups so i made these straps to bridge the bottom of the spring pocket using the center hole in the air spring to retain it.
testing for leaks, these fittings would suck if they leaked after install lol.
thanks brad, kinda quiet around here.....
Loving the progress! Been following it on Facebook a lot. Can't wait to see it this summer!
Now With More Carbon Fiber!
looks awesome buddy, i plan on baggin the rear of mine like that aswell one day.
Way cleaner than i did mine years ago. Im to lazy to put that much effort into it.
I'm with Brad on this. Also what about the rear buckets!
One question; obviously you have a welder, so why is your exhaust clamped?
meh thats waht it came with and i wanted to me able to remove its somewhat easily. I should have used strap clamps now that i look back.
and the seats are done for the most part, console is being painted. and ready to drop in after that. Just have to reinstall the fiberglassed quarter panels.
And someone asked somewhere, but the standing height from the ground to the mirror bottom is 29.5".
got any finished pics spencer? looks awesome btw!
Lowe it.Error: Sig not found.
nice. What bag you using? Also what is the specs on the top mounting bracket you made? I am interested in this.
the cups are made from 5" cup tubing from Suicide Doors, and the bag plates are from Gauge magazine.com. Just cut the tubing 3" high on one side and 2" on the other. Alstho the measurments may change since i have an extended trailing arm.
oh and theyre Slam Specialties 6 air springs.
Ill get more pics soon, currently working on a new shock setup, current setup isnt working very well.
ESB, the few pics i cold find of your setup where some of the inspiration
update on new shock design.
Using the mounting plate from an old set of air struts. Over bored to 1.875 with adjacent 5/16-18 bolt holes. Shock is from the rear of a 90 chevrolet full size truck. Part number 37044, compressed length is 16 1/8, extended 26 3/4 gives me enough threshold to alow me to lay and have max lift.
Wow I'm with esb you took your time and thought this out well when I did mine I just threw it together with some plates and rolled with it. Looks awesome and the shock setup looks promising. I never got that far just rolled no shocks as esb be did at one time I think lol