Drum Brake Hardware Kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drum Brake Hardware Kit
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:25 PM
Does anyone know of a kit that contains ALL the hardware? I bought a Wagner kit but it's missing the spring that keeps the plate for the self-adjusting mechanism in place.

This one looks like it has all the stuff. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HW7281-Drum-Brake-Hardware/dp/B001PYLJMS/ref=sr_1_37?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1336537186&sr=1-37

Re: Drum Brake Hardware Kit
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:36 PM
I got mine from autozone. They come in two parts. Springs and clips like the one you have the link for, and another that is the rebuild kit with the adjusting sleeve and everything else but the cylinder. I think it ran me 20 bucks for both kits all together. Each kit is for both sides not one.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 8:39 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:I got mine from autozone. They come in two parts. Springs and clips like the one you have the link for, and another that is the rebuild kit with the adjusting sleeve and everything else but the cylinder. I think it ran me 20 bucks for both kits all together. Each kit is for both sides not one.

Yeah, I called NAPA, Autozone, and Advance Auto to try and get the hardware kit, and they were all missing the spring that holds that plate up. I really need it because mine slipped and rubbed against the drum until it broke. Right now I have the closest spring I could find holding the plate up and I really need to get it fixed right.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 8:52 AM
This?

or This?

If not, just look around on Rockauto, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search