2010+ Corvette Z06 / Camaro SS/ CTS-V 4 Piston Calipers and 15in Rotors. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2010+ Corvette Z06 / Camaro SS/ CTS-V 4 Piston Calipers and 15in Rotors.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:02 PM
Did this on my second gen, it should work the same for you 3rd gen guys. I did this last year.

It is very simple, no fabrication required except extending the lower strut bold hole.. I am waiting for new chevrolet brembo calipers to come it. If you did the big brake swap it is pretty much the same. You need 2000+ Bonneville knuckles/ spindles and that it then you can run any of the calipers mentioned above. You just need the calipers brackets and the calipers bolts because they are longer than the stock one. Also the 2000+ Bonneville are aluminum. I actually did this and then I realized the people were doing over at the Bonneville pro forum. I had corvette dual piston calipers never new I could use the 4 piston ones. I will add some pictures once they come in and the insurance company decides weather or not they are totaling my car.

Here is a tutorial I found:
http://www.bonnevillepro.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14708

These are the calipers I ordered

I also ordered a set of 2010 gt500 rotors I think they were 14in x 1.25.
I will take pictures once I figure out why I have clunk in the front end when I turn the wheel. Right now the car is ripped apart just figured I would fill you guys in.

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/anyone-running-corvette-zo6-2010-camaro-ss-ctsv-calipers-t117201.html

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: 2010+ Corvette Z06 / Camaro SS/ CTS-V 4 Piston Calipers and 15in Rotors.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:58 PM
Sounds cool, curious to see what's causing your issue with the clunk

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:23 PM
My front mount was welded at the wrong angle. I don't rememberif that post was before or after I sheered all the bearings of my cv axle pulling out my driveway lol.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:14 AM
I really would like to see this done with pix.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:27 AM
This is VERY interesting.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 12:27 PM
I will get pictures soon. My car has been in pieces since I did this. I had it done for maybe 2 hours then ripped the car apart to turbo it and redue the interior. It is the same as the N/W/F body swap except you used 00+ bonneville knuckles/spindles instead of 99 or lower. That is the only difference that allows you to run bigger calipers. Also I grounded down the front and rear of my calipers to fit my 17in rims. If you have 18s you should not have a problem. I did this on a 2nd gen but it should work for you 3rd gen guys. My 3rd gen only has rims rest is stock.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 12:31 PM
Here is the tutorial I used to fit the calipers in my 17in rims. Also, my pictures won't really be any different then the ones in the tutorial. You are basically
using the same parts as in the tutorials just on a different car.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1521231-f-body-cts-v-calipers-14-rotors-17-rims.html

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:24 PM
hope someone will reply! what about the rears? i have the grand am IRS swap, could i do the rears as well?
Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:49 PM
I have no idea about the rears. Best look on a grand am forum.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:50 AM
Would do this in a heartbeat if I knew they would fit 17's
Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:56 AM
I posted a link to how to make them work with 17in rims. As long as the offset is correct and they are not too thick of a rim they should clear.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:10 PM
hope someone will reply! im wondering if the rear calipers off the Camaro will fit grand am or grand prix knuckles, I have grand am IRS on the car now so if this will work I will get a set for the rears.
Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:18 PM
didn't mean to post again, sorry. it wouldn't refresh on my computer, but do you know of a good grand am forum to visit?
Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:08 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/

I doubt camaro rear calipers will bolt up since the camaro is rwd. Also there is a secret malibu control arm swap grand am owners do. It is suppose to be amazing but I could never find info on it. Its kind of like how we swap grand am control arms.

Saturday, April 12, 2014 4:47 PM
The rear control arm swap is from a W-Body, but the information I've seen is not very clear as to the modification necessary.

I actually designed solid aluminum ones that I planned on making for mine, but I haven't tackled the bushing situation.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:03 PM
Ok guys, iv been doing A lot of research on the front and mainly making this work on the rear. A lot of this idea has came from the w-body forums, but i have put together a partial spreadsheet of the info on this, let me know what you guys think so far.
Attachments
brake swap.xlsx (10k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search