Slamming a 1st Gen - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Slamming a 1st Gen
Sunday, May 20, 2012 10:03 PM
Ok, I want to slam my 1st gen. It looks so much like an E30 BMW that I want to go the stance way with it but I'm not sure what my options are. I know a set of coilovers won't work due to the rear set up (spring not on rear spring/strut). My budget won't allow me to go the air bag route. HELP ME!!! LMAO

Re: Slamming a 1st Gen
Monday, May 21, 2012 7:22 PM
im pretty sure they make lowering springs for those.
Monday, May 21, 2012 8:13 PM
Yes, they do. Problem is..... NONE of them will go low enough!!
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:17 PM
How much work do you want to do? There are a few of us using adjustable height setups just fine. It will require you cutting into the unibody and axle, but it works.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:41 PM
I'm really not sure how much work I want to do to be honest. lol
Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:54 PM
Well, since the only springs still available aftermarket new are the Canucks at around a 1.5" drop, you need something custom. IIRC, those are also the lowest of all the springs that were available. The Sprint springs seemed to settle to maybe 1.75", but were still rated at 1.5"

Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:13 PM
For custom springs check out hypercoils.... should point you in the right direction atleast.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:17 PM
Thanks, Twenty4z
Monday, June 04, 2012 9:45 PM
I think I have come up with a solution. Gotta do a little bit more research. I'll keep y'all updated as I figure @!#$ out.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:29 PM
Ok, the more I drive this car and feel how soft and loose the stock suspension is I am just going to buy the proper parts I need to tighten it up. Polyurethane bushings, upgraded struts/shocks and some lowering springs. Maybe even some sway bars.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search