help me out with lowering ride... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help me out with lowering ride...
Monday, May 21, 2012 10:15 AM
I want to lower my car ,I was just watching it from the back and it looks kind of weird setting that high
just maybe 1.5 inches or 2drop don't want to break the bank
and would like to have decent ride quality
are kgv shoks any good?
Was looking at the complete tokiko set HP,s and lowering springs for around 600$
But just 1.4 ''drop don't know about that,
Help

Re: help me out with lowering ride...
Monday, May 21, 2012 10:19 AM
Are those Lotek spring and shok combo any good?
Monday, May 21, 2012 11:32 AM
When I dropped my '99 vert a few years ago, I went with the Tokico kit with the HP (blue) struts and their own springs. The struts are fine, but I was never fully satisfied with the springs. On my car, the nose was too low and the tail too high. And, the ride was railroadian. I had a few extra coins in my pocket this year and decided to try an other set of springs, this time going with the Eibach Pro kit springs. Comparing the springs, the Eibachs seems more accurately coiled with the seat ends square and flush. The Tokico's in comparison were less so and the ends had actually deformed the plastic upper seats slightly. The wire diameter was very close between the two, but the free lengths were different. The fronts were near the same length, but the Eibachs had closer spaced coils at the upper end. The rears were way different with the Eibachs considerably shorter than the Tokico's and again with closer coils on the seat (upper) end. With the Eibachs, the car sits more to my liking and nearly level unloaded. The ride is considerably better too, and overall I'm happier with the Eibachs. The drop height is fine with me being high enough to avoid most driveway entry problems and low enough to be a significant improvement. - MarkC

markc50...formerly 1of7627 but that login doesn't work anymore.
Monday, May 21, 2012 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info that's what I'm looking for...
So you're running with the eibach pro kit and tokicos HP,s blues?
Monday, May 21, 2012 12:00 PM
What would be the difference between the eibach pro kit vs the eibach sportline?
Monday, May 21, 2012 2:21 PM
Pro-kit is a 1.4" drop while sportlines are 2.3"

I'd go with sportlines on tokico dspecs, only heard good things about that combo. I've got goldlines and mini reds and my car looks raked with my system and nitrous bottle in the back

Monday, May 21, 2012 2:30 PM
I'm dropped on the Pro-Kit/Tokico HP set-up as well and I'm very satisfied with it.
My car sits level, not too low, and the ride and handling is way better than stock.
I do have the Eibach front and rear sway bars installed as well though.

Monday, May 21, 2012 4:15 PM
The HP,s tokico blues are replacement shoks or they're switable for lowering springs?
I like the sway bar idea thanks
Monday, May 21, 2012 6:23 PM
^^ Im wondering this same question as well. Can Tokico HP Blue's handle Eibach's sportlines?
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:22 AM
SHOCKS!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:20 PM
I don't see anything on Tokico's website stating that their HP's wouldn't specifically handle a Sportline drop.

The following is a direct quote from their site...

Q: How much can I lower my vehicle?
A: The amount a vehicle can be safely lowered varies by make and model. Cars can generally be lowered by 1 to 2 inches, and some trucks can be lowered by as much as six inches. Excessive lowering can and does cause problems, however. If too much suspension travel is removed, or if the springs are too stiff, problems can range from a harsh ride to actual suspension component and body structure damage. (Note: You should get your vehicle re-aligned whenever you alter its ride height or change suspension components.)

Potential problems from excessive lowering include:
•Harsh ride and/or poor tire adhesion
•Excess CV joint or U-joint wear
•Improper wheel alignment
•Shock failure
•Stress cracks in the body structure or suspension
•Development of body noise and rattles
•A dangerous lack of control on rough roads

I'd suggest you contact Tokico directly and inquire about using the Eibach Sportlines.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:23 PM
I'm just want to make sure about the HP,s blue shoks ,cause I don't wana be replacing them every few months
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:13 PM
you can run the tokico struts on a 2 inch drop,i did it..And did not blow out my struts..

But if you are set on going 2 inchs or more i really suggest you go to the dspec struts..I am much happier with the dspecs.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:59 AM
Lol cant find them for cheap anywhere though.. $700 is nuts.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:44 PM
well 700 is not cheap,But to have a good ride,its worth it to me..
Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:51 AM
pyromechanic wrote:Lol cant find them for cheap anywhere though.. $700 is actually about average for some properly setup suspension components that will give me years of quality service..

ftfy.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, May 25, 2012 3:36 PM
Any I put on those Lotek?
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:10 AM
D-specs and sportlines is good and i run that all year long even in the winter here in southeastern michigan.

see ya!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:05 PM
novaracer wrote:D-specs and sportlines is good and i run that all year long even in the winter here in southeastern michigan.

what size wheel/tire you running? im thinking about sportlines for my 03 cav..just not sure how much room i need to leave for wheel travel up and down
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:18 PM
tyler cornett wrote:
novaracer wrote:D-specs and sportlines is good and i run that all year long even in the winter here in southeastern michigan.

what size wheel/tire you running? im thinking about sportlines for my 03 cav..just not sure how much room i need to leave for wheel travel up and down
until you venture into the 19/20" range, no wories there.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:54 AM
until you venture into the 19/20" range, no wories there.

cool cool im on 17s, they wont tuck inside the fender in the front though so I jus wanna make sure theyre not gonna rub

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:48 PM
so long as the overall tire height is still stock, no they won't rub on sportlines.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search