Coilover how-to? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coilover how-to?
Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:34 AM
i tried the search but i could not find a straight answer.

what do i need and how would i install a set of coilovers? or is it as simple as just removing my struts and putting in the coilovers?

Re: Coilover how-to?
Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:39 AM
http://www.rksport.com/pdf/02032515.pdf

Thats what I was awared of by some other members.....

What Id like to know is what year range of mounts they are using so I can install mine.
Saturday, June 02, 2012 12:12 PM
no i don`t wanna convert my struts to coilovers i wanna replace them with a complete coilover like a set of tein ss or something. like these.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 12:42 PM
Simple as take out old and put in new. The real process is getting the ride height set evenly and where you want it.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 2:20 PM
If you're buying a complete setup, do you really need a how-to? It's as easy as an oil change.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 2:51 PM
lol... dont forget pretension..

Saturday, June 02, 2012 10:11 PM
lol i just wanted to make sure there was nothing else that needed to be done so i didn't do more damage.

Sunday, June 03, 2012 11:13 AM
take top bolts out. take bottom bolts out. get alignment after. oh and make sure you put the top bolts and bottom bolts back in before the alignment.

Monday, June 04, 2012 5:12 PM
you may have to take your wheels off too! lol..but i managed to remove my air bags an reinstall my GC coilovers without doing so though.

Monday, June 04, 2012 7:46 PM
I say unless you plan to autox or make it a track day car dont do a sleeve coilover. Coil overs adjust ride hight but also you balance the car with the hight adjustment on scales! If you want low bagg it!

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search