Ball joint boot question. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ball joint boot question.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:38 AM
I've been working on getting my car on the road for several months now.
A while ago I put new control arms in. Soon after (about a month ago) I put my coilovers on (Tokico D-specs and GC coilover sleeves)
While I was working on the car yesterday I noticed that BOTH of my ball joint boots were ripped... what would cause this? I haven't even driven the car, the most it moved was 15 feet outside, then 15 feet back into the garage.
Would I be able to replace JUST the boot and call it good.... or am I going to have to go through the PITA job of drilling / pounding out the rivets?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Re: Ball joint boot question.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 1:55 PM
Yes, you can replace just the boots. As to what caused it, who knows. They may have even been ripped before you lowered it, and now that the control arm angle is changed, it shows up.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 3:32 PM
they are sealed units UNDER the boot, the boot is just for dust. and totally replaceable...

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:51 PM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:they are sealed units UNDER the boot, the boot is just for dust. and totally replaceable...

I never knew that, thanks!

Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:08 PM
Went out to the car today and pulled the old boots off and put the new ones on, was way easier than I thought it was gonig to be.

Thanks for the help!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search