Camber settings?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Camber settings??
Sunday, June 10, 2012 6:28 PM
Looking for some recommend settings for camber.

I have Koni reds with Sportlines. I will be installing some Mcmoney adjustable strut mounts.

I will be getting a alignment afterwards. Should I go with 0 degree's? -1? -2?

This is a street driving car. I currently do not autoX, but might try it in the future.

I was going to have the shop set it to a few different settings and mark the plates so I could always adjust later.

Thanks for any info feedback.

FU Tuning

Re: Camber settings??
Sunday, June 10, 2012 6:42 PM
-1-1.5 degrees will help with turn in and shouldn't have any ill effects on tire wear.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:09 PM
since you will MOSTLY DD it, Id go -0.5... gives you a hair of handling without looking awkward and still handle a lot better than zero.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:36 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:since you will MOSTLY DD it, Id go -0.5... gives you a hair of handling without looking awkward and still handle a lot better than zero.

Car isn't really a DD either. Could be, but I have a 97 Sunfire as a DD, so I mainly drive the cavy when I want, or for fun etc..

FU Tuning

Monday, June 11, 2012 7:20 AM
strat81 wrote:-1-1.5 degrees will help with turn in and shouldn't have any ill effects on tire wear.

This.

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:31 AM
-5 so you can be all cambered out brah.
No just kidding.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, June 11, 2012 2:20 PM
I have mine set to -1.5 and I DD it.
You cant really change the camber whenever you want since it will affect the toe aswell.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:05 PM
Mine is -1.1 and 1/8 total toe out up front

see ya!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:09 AM
-1. If u auto x it u want -3. More important is toe for driving. Toe zero for normal driving and toe out if u auto x. Caster is also a big thing as well.

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:09 PM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, June 25, 2012 1:25 AM
If you have stock soft rubber control arm bushings you will want to run a little toe out1/8th. when you are driving down the road the power applied to the front wheels pulls them forward toeing them in killing mpg and turn in as well as torque steer is worse

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search