what kinda springs or coilovers with konis - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what kinda springs or coilovers with konis
Monday, June 11, 2012 6:16 PM
I would like to know what kinda coilovers or springs would go well with my Koni yellows I have a stereo system and some other added weight in the rear of the car and I am trying to figure out a way to correct the reverse rake the front sits up higher than the rear does..... I have the Koni springs on it right now but just wanna level it out and make it look better....

Re: what kinda springs or coilovers with konis
Monday, June 11, 2012 6:36 PM
Ground controls.......
Or what the previous owner of my car did was use eibach sportline springs with canucks up front to get a more even look. But the cheapest and probably best solution would be some ground controls.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:55 PM
Yup, ground controls. Cheap coil over and overall decent quality. I've been mostly happy with my reds/ground controls. I think the spring rate could be a little better for when you have the dampening cranked up, but if you daily driving the car you probably don't want the dampening on full hard anyway. I just turned the dampening back on my set up to about half way, and it has a pretty decent ride, and still handles well.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:56 PM
The thing with Ground controls is, if you want a higher spring rate, let them know before you order them.
They'll pretty much tailor your springs to how you want them; longer / shorter, stiffer / softer... so on and so forth.

I've got them paired with D-Specs. Can't really say much about them seeing as how I haven't been able to drive the car yet. They sure look sexy though.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Friday, June 22, 2012 11:51 AM
So what kinda drop would my yellows support with the ground controls anyone got any pics with em on a car running the same set up that i would like to go with ...... So I will be in the search for some ground controls then....
Friday, June 22, 2012 4:37 PM
Pretty sure you can slam it and still run them.

If you change your mind about the coils, let me know, I have a set of Eibach sportlines for sale.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Friday, June 22, 2012 6:26 PM
even though koni's are ment for a dropped car. you WILL blow your front struts if you try to slam it in front. Doing so takes all strut travel in front. Trust me i know, i went through 3 sets before switching to true coilovers

Saturday, June 23, 2012 12:38 PM
Well I deffinently don't wanna slam it cause of the new lip kit I will be installing not only that the k brace that is already on hence the fact of how low both those points will be already....
Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:18 PM
what lip

Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:14 PM
I will he running the razzi lip hence the fact that these kits have to be molded to stock bumpers which are a work in progress...
Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:11 PM
I've had 3 sets of yellow's over the years and my 2 favorite setups were with Tein S-tech's and with Ground controls with the "street spring rate" and the struts 1.5 turns off of full still.....but thats just me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search