Ebay lowering springs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ebay lowering springs
Friday, July 06, 2012 10:05 PM
Hi, I have a 98 Z24 convertible, and I want to lower it, I just want to give it a more sporty look, I'm looking for an 1" to 1.5" in drop, I am planing to replace the front and rear struts, and whole front suspension soon. Car has 197k and is all oem, there pretty worn, so I want to change all the springs at the same time.

Now the advice I need is; are "ebay" lowering springs ok? I dont want coilovers, just springs, and if "ebay" springs are that bad, what brand should I get?

Keep in mind, im on a budget, and im not looking for a crazy racing suspension, just want to lower it a little for looks, please help.

Thanks

Re: Ebay lowering springs
Friday, July 06, 2012 10:26 PM
Eibach prokit with tokiko blues or kyb agks

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:22 AM
Cheap car products are cheap for a reason. Your life rides on your vehicles suspension (literally, lol) How much are you willing to risk.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 6:47 AM
Here are the ebay lowering springs and kits you should be looking for. Quality products being sold for cheap prices is one thing, but you gotta know what to look for.
Tein S Tech springs
S Tech springs with struts
Eibach Pro Plus kit

Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:06 PM
you want cheap and quality?

there's a set of eibach sportlines in our classifieds right now for 180 shipped. brand new in the effin box.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:43 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:you want cheap and quality?

there's a set of eibach sportlines in our classifieds right now for 180 shipped. brand new in the effin box.

Yeah! Buy those!!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:49 PM
Yea ...I know, but im gonna anyways ~ ...am planning on 4 new kyb's , the oem non adjustable type, mainly cuz 140k miles has taken its toll on the originals. I was kinda surprised in a way tho as it handles bumps/dirtroads with little to no after bounce effect , so when i was changing out the top mounts and saw the rod collapse immediately on one side and the other only slightly slower i was sorta dumbfounded....but anyways yea..with money what it is <scarce> the kyb's are cheap enuff and wanted to drop it a little also for as cheap as i can without getting junk , so aside from the Tein S Techs are any of the other 150$- ish springs any good ..I.E the Megan Racing or the DNA's?

Monday, July 23, 2012 3:43 PM
S techs are too low for what you want. I'd look for their h tech spring as it's a 1.1" drop not a 1.7 f/1.5 r. Also the tokico hp blues woul fit the bill for what you want, cheap performance strut without the adjustablility. Otherwise Pro kit springs are your only otherbet. The Megans are a 2" drop iirc and the kyb's your talking about won't handle that. Keep an eye on the regionals and classifieds as you could get soe nice setups at a fair price if your looking to stay on a budget.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:56 AM
Thanks for the info will look around some more....why is it the lower you go the cheaper lol...i.e the prokit was more expensive then the sportlines yea i know that may just be an exception to the rule but still.......so max i wanna go is 1.5 with a oem type strut?...same front/rear?

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:06 AM
2KZ wrote:so max i wanna go is 1.5 with a oem type strut?...same front/rear?

No. OEM replacement struts cannot handle any amount of drop.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:48 PM
Description:
TEIN S.Tech Springs are an excellent step towards suspension tuning. They offer approximately a 1.5 inch drop for a more aggressive appearance and increased road holding capability. Designed to be used with OEM or OEM replacement shocks. Each application is road tested in North America for the proper balance between performance and comfort. Comes with a 1 year limited warranty, spring length is guaranteed not to sag more than 5mm, and be clear of any manufacturer defects.
Copy/Pasted from their site and awaiting an email from KYB tech support or w/e it was i reached from there site as long as their warranties jive with each other i wont be scared too much. If i can find even less of a drop than the S-techs without costing the hundred+ dollars more for the H-techs i would....well..Bleh...just checked E-mail

Good afternoon, our units will only stand a drop of no more than 1”

Thank you

Tech Support

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:15 PM
Yea, they are talking about cars that were intended to be sporty from the factory, like WRXs, Maitas, etc. Not A to B economy cars like Cavaliers. The fact is that our stock struts ARE NOT designed to be lowered on and is UNSAFE.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:28 PM
I did include all info including VIN and part # of the struts when i emailed them to get that reply...*shrug*...moot point now anyways but still

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search