Alero GT Alum AArms... Which ball joints? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alero GT Alum AArms... Which ball joints?
Friday, July 06, 2012 8:19 PM
I'm receiving conflicting information on which ball joints to use. A Arms are modded, stock cavy knuckle... Which ball joints? Alero or Cavy? My Cavy ones are fairly knew <6k don't want to buy new if I don't have to.

Re: Alero GT Alum AArms... Which ball joints?
Friday, July 06, 2012 9:30 PM
use the jbody ones.
thats what mine are.

oh and your package will mail tomorrow. they didnt like my packaging and wanted 22 bucks to redo it.

Friday, July 06, 2012 9:41 PM
Damn! Lol

Friday, July 06, 2012 10:27 PM
If your using j body knuckles get a j body ball joint, if your using aluminum n body knuckles get n body ball joints

Saturday, July 07, 2012 12:18 AM
JUCNBST wrote:If your using j body knuckles get a j body ball joint, if your using aluminum n body knuckles get n body ball joints

Yep, that is my view too.

Error: Sig not found.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 4:54 AM
Ok, perfect! Thanks guys!

Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:11 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:If your using j body knuckles get a j body ball joint, if your using aluminum n body knuckles get n body ball joints

Yep, that is my view too.

Not only just your view, its the only way it will correctly work. ALWAYS match the balljoint to the knuckle you are using. I think i posted this before but the mesasurements are different, as well as the taper.

The gold colored joint is for aluminum spindles/arms. The gray is j-body. :

Notice how the J-body joint has a slight taper and then straightens out, whereas the N-body joint is a bigger, continuous taper.

The N-body joint is also physically longer.

The N-body joint is a tiny bit smaller at the beginning of the taper compared to the J-body joint.

The J-body joint straightens out and is significantly smaller than the N-body joint at the end of the taper.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:17 PM
Thanks Roofy. I figure that they were different, but i didnt have any proof to back it up.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:05 PM
wow. thats awesome roof... thanks for PROVING that they are 100% for sure different.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Monday, July 09, 2012 4:39 AM
No problem. I could have swore that I posted these pix in the NWF thread. Maybe not though.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, July 09, 2012 7:35 PM
i use n-body ball joint with the aluminum knuckle, and the ball joint rubs on the disc... maybe its the brand!!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 4:32 AM
Magik1109 wrote:i use n-body ball joint with the aluminum knuckle, and the ball joint rubs on the disc... maybe its the brand!!
Nothing to do with this question, though. The NFW ball joint issue has been discussed plenty of times in those threads.

The J-body knuckle requires the J-body ball joint. No more complicated than that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search