Need Help Finding the Old Style 95-99 Strut Mounts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Help Finding the Old Style 95-99 Strut Mounts
Monday, July 16, 2012 2:04 PM
Hey everyone , I had one of my 98 front Strut Mounts blow out on me , so I went to the parts store to buy a new one , anyways I bought the strut mount brought it home
And installed it , And now whenever i turn either way the spring is making a clunking noise cause it is trying to move with the strut , now the strut mount I got has the bearing on the outside but
are made for normal size springs and I have Tokico D-specs and RK Sport Coilovers , The old strut mount i had on the car came with the bearings inside the mount , these Monore Strut Mounts come's with them
on the outside , which you would put on top of the spring , So I am wondering if anyone has a part number or can tell me where I can get the older version I am in Ontario Canada Thanks

Re: Need Help Finding the Old Style 95-99 Strut Mounts
Monday, July 16, 2012 4:35 PM
http://www.importmodifications.com/members/cavaliergroundcontrol.html

You gotta change things around wen using the coilovers with stock mounts. The coilovers should have a thrut bearing that sits on top of the top hat
Monday, July 16, 2012 6:02 PM
seems to be a dead link, are you sure you got teh right mount to start with? should have the bearing sandwiched between two rubber coated mounts.

Monday, July 16, 2012 6:07 PM

Monday, July 16, 2012 7:47 PM
Link works fine my man...

Here is another:
http://www.rksport.com/pdf/02032515.pdf

You need to separate the metal pieces and swap positions on the strut mount and also have to throw one o them away to work with the rk coilovers. The parts above look correct
Monday, July 16, 2012 10:06 PM
Cinny thats the strut mount i have , anyways i think i figured it out , i kept the piece together, the one you are suppose to separate, I kept it together and just used the top piece from my old strut mount that was in good condition
and I also put the bearings on the top hat of the coilovers , anyways i drove the car and everything is working nice all i have to do is chnage the other strut mount even though its ok but you are suppose to change them in pairs
anyways thanks for the help
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search