spring rust protection - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: spring rust protection
Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:28 PM
Also if your that worried about th rust might want to wipe them down with some antiseze.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:57 AM
i think im just gonna try the clear coat idea, and keep a closer eye on them.

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Monday, September 03, 2012 4:53 AM
I dont think any type of plastic or Line-X will work. The flex and adhesion would be an issue. I would just wipe on a thin layer of bearing grease....

Ipud wrote:We put Jap Traps on cinder blocks around here. We don't wave the American flag for novelty

I proudly own American cars, nothing else....

Monday, September 03, 2012 5:49 AM
well thats what i was afraid of, i didnt think it would be very flexable. i finally got the springs in last week. and gonna talk to the guy at my work about clear coating them, and see what his thoughs are on it.

Monday, September 03, 2012 6:09 AM
You sure the clear wouldn't chip and flake just the same? Usually clear coat is the first thing to go on a car..plus u gotta make sure u scuff the surface very well before you spray...not shooting down ur idea I just dont see clear coat being that flexible

Monday, September 03, 2012 6:22 AM
^^^ This is what I'm saying, That factory coating on the spings is heavy duty stuff, I'ts not designed to be coated by some off the shelf rattle can paint or clear. Rust will not form while a coating of oil or grease is on the surface. Just something to think about....

Ipud wrote:We put Jap Traps on cinder blocks around here. We don't wave the American flag for novelty

I proudly own American cars, nothing else....

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:03 AM
see the problem is they are down where the tire throws rocks and other harmful debris up and then it comprimises the paint/coating. and in the winter they are basically being sandblasted lol

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search