Pillow ball strut mount interest!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pillow ball strut mount interest!!
Monday, June 06, 2011 9:23 AM
In a previous thread it was stated that if we got 5 people together mark at OEM could do $185 for a set of front camber plates made for our j's

I personally will take a set of fronts and rears, I believe azn said he was interested in a set of fronts.

Any more interest out there for a possible GP?

Re: Pillow ball strut mount interest!!
Monday, June 06, 2011 4:16 PM
We will be doing a GB here shortly with front and rear mounts on blow out.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, June 06, 2011 4:35 PM
i want both front and rears for my Bgs ..

Monday, June 06, 2011 4:54 PM
Awesome mark!!! I cant wait to get a set of front and rears for my ground control/koni combo!
Monday, June 06, 2011 5:10 PM
should also get mark to make you a set of custom front koni shock casings. kinda like how the air ride guys have. where they raise the lower mount up maybe an inch. and not lose shock travel.

Monday, June 06, 2011 5:21 PM
link to pics? I did want dual ride height adjustment...was planning on getting some B&G's next year but if he can make me something...it may tide me over.
Monday, June 06, 2011 5:26 PM
i think spencer did it to his droptop

Monday, June 06, 2011 5:26 PM
or just take your housing to a shop and have them move the mount up

Monday, June 06, 2011 5:38 PM
Yah..I just looked at mine and that thread.....going to have to test dummy one I think...hope I dont kill it. I only have a couple spare sets lol.

That being said has anyone cut the mount off the stock strut yet before? Looks like its just welded around the entire bottom.
Monday, June 06, 2011 6:00 PM
yup a few air ride guys have done it already to go lower.

Monday, June 06, 2011 7:08 PM
Id be in for fronts if they are camber adjustable. Id prolly put almost as muchmoney into a custom set plus would save me the trouble of making them work

Monday, June 06, 2011 7:35 PM
Cut and TIG easy!

Monday, June 06, 2011 8:59 PM
I seen yours.... Alot easier then the stockers. But I think some time with the die grinder and grinder I should be able to free it up.

I can prolly get away with mig welding it though.... Since heat isn't an issue
Thursday, June 09, 2011 3:30 PM
heck my originals we used a mig on and had no problems.

Friday, June 10, 2011 8:16 AM
I am finishing one last big order and then I will start getting the GB going. It will consist of Front Pillow ball (camber ADJ) and Rear Pillow Ball

Also will have Phenolic spacers on blowout, $29.99 for any kind of spacer

Saturday, June 11, 2011 10:43 AM
Awesome!!!!!

Anyone have pics of the coilover version... Do we need anything from our stock setup for these?
Monday, June 13, 2011 8:51 AM
I'm definitely in for this... I have cash waiting now for a pair of front air mounts.

Monday, June 13, 2011 10:24 AM
Ill see if I can get some pics up.

Mark

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:55 PM
Ill be interested in rears depending on pricing.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 4:03 PM
hey I have the rksport full coilover setup made by b+g. I have stock mounts and would like to have the fronts on my setup for sure But will they work on the front and rear of my setup??? The front strut mount bolt is kinda big. and the rear has the helper springs on top intead of the main spring being on the top. so idk
Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:14 AM
Looking forward to this, any updates?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 6:39 AM
Mark said in about 2 weeks
Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:27 AM
Perfect! Thank you

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 8:09 AM
Zs Z wrote:Ill be interested in rears depending on pricing.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:50 PM
Mark, have you taken care of the rear pillow ball spring perch poly bushing? I had to cut mine to shape because as you sell it the bolt that hold the assembly to the strut tower can't be torqued down because the poly presses against the bolts keeping the socket from staying on the heads.
I'm bringing this up because I've got pictures of what needs to be done and also on the collars that you use to space, are they beefier than what you've been selling?
Once again, I had to make my own collars from some old prothane mounts so that they'd hold up for the long term.

And for those that are going to do this for the rear and you're still using the shocks and not coilovers, it's advisable that you drill and enlarge the holes in the strut towers to house a larger bolts for keeping this in the tower. When you're torquing these pillows down the tendency to strip the factory bolts is there. Drilling and using larger grade 5 bolts solved this problem and it's something that you're not going to have to worry about.

Here you can see how the poly spring perch is right on the hole. Trying to bolt this down can't be done with a socket. I tried. Not only that the circular pattern of the poly bushing had to be cut to the shape of the plate so that it could fit at the top of the strut tower.

Here's how I cut them to make it work with no problems. You can also see the larger nuts and bolts that were used to make it right.

Here's the beefier collar that I used to make it work also. The originals were so tiny and weak I had to do something because I didn't trust the ones that came with it.

Other than that I'm very happy with the setup with Marks front camber plates and rear pillow balls. Best investment I could make and anyone could make for any car.
Good luck with the group purchase.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search