Broken Overkill Strut mount... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Broken Overkill Strut mount...
Friday, August 31, 2012 7:11 PM
While I was working on my suspension today, I noticed that my strut mount was funky.

The c-clip looking thing that holds the spherical bearing in popped out... so I popped it back in and didn't think much of it.

Not even 2 miles down the road...

KAPOW

Luckily I had all of my brothers tools on me and his jack, so I got it "fixed" and hobbled back home... in which it happened again, this time not even 100 feet away from where I was.

What would cause this to do that? I've only put 1300 miles on the mounts, I seriously doubt they only last that long.

Anyone else ever had something similar happen to their mounts? I'm beyond irate... that's for sure.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Re: Broken Overkill Strut mount...
Friday, August 31, 2012 8:52 PM
I'd PM mark and talk to him about it. I don't think they've had any problems. Hope not because I was planning on getting a set.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, August 31, 2012 9:48 PM
yea man get with mark. he'll make it right.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, August 31, 2012 10:11 PM
I had the same issue with his camber plates, once he sent me the parts to fix them, I sold them as I didn't want to risk it happening again. Lucky for me I was only going 30-35 mph at the time. Scroll about 3/4 dwn for pics of what happened to mine.
My issue with O.E.M. strut mounts from my build thread.

I'm sure Mark will take care of you though, hopefully it doesn't take long to do so.

Friday, August 31, 2012 11:14 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I had the same issue with his camber plates, once he sent me the parts to fix them, I sold them as I didn't want to risk it happening again. Lucky for me I was only going 30-35 mph at the time. Scroll about 3/4 dwn for pics of what happened to mine.
My issue with O.E.M. strut mounts from my build thread.

I'm sure Mark will take care of you though, hopefully it doesn't take long to do so.

Yup, same thing, just on the rear.

Tossed him a PM and sent an email to the website. Hopefully it'll get resolved soon... the Cav is my daily...

Friday, August 31, 2012 11:20 PM
That sucks that the cav is your daily, did you throw a stock mount on? Also you have a camber plate option for the rear?

Saturday, September 01, 2012 12:03 AM
Nah, it'll just sit in the garage until I can fix it... I'll just have to share the truck with my wife. (Plus this gives me a reason to actually work on my 240)

No camber in the rear, wouldn't be possible with the design of the rear end... unless I went IRS, of course. (Which is a high possibility)

Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:27 AM
I don't know what made me read rear camber mount last night. My Jim beam soaked brain was all wtf when reading the post then....oh well haha.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 3:45 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I don't know what made me read rear camber mount last night. My Jim beam soaked brain was all wtf when reading the post then....oh well haha.

I thought it was awkward having to explain that to you...
Now worries!!!

I got OE strut mounts to replace the Overkill's for now... I miss 'em already.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 4:02 PM

Last picture was taken at about 930 last night while I was "fixing" it so I could get the car back in the garage...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search