Proper ABS delete please help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Proper ABS delete please help
Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:57 PM
Hi all been researching for days and still haven't come up with an answer but I like to think I'm getting close...

I have a 2000 sunfire that has the abs system disabled and for the most part removed during the 3400 swap, in order to pass safety here the parking brake light must work and not be on. Now because of the abs delete the parking brake light is on all the time. I have access to a gm tech 2 and I need to delete the abs option out of the bcm. In 2003 abs became an option on the sunfire so how would i flash my bcm? I can give a vin of my car and the vin of one that was without abs is there anyway to get the vci to remove abs. Or do I need to hunt down and find a sunfire without abs with a working bcm, air bag module and change the mileage on the odometer or buy a new bcm and program it as if it was my vin on a 2003 sunfire without abs.

I have searched on Google and also used the thread search here and came across tons of information. You guys have come up with some inventive ways to get passed this issue. I've read of people wiring the abs and parking brake light to other diagnostic lights, removing the led's, using custom gauges and omitting the light, or just taking apart the cluster and placing a black piece of electrical tape to cover the light from the inside and etc. The only answer that would work in my situation was going to a dealer and trying to get them to do an abs delete (which I would like to avoid). So if anyone has been down this road before could you please share solutions. If all else fails I will try covering up the light and hope it passes but would really ease my mind if the light worked as intended and let me know if something is really wrong.

Thanks Again

If GM only knew how great a 3400 powered Sunfire is...

Re: Proper ABS delete please help
Monday, September 03, 2012 6:35 AM
If you know how to use a Tech II properly you should have no issue figuring this out. I wont tell you how to do it as you could possibly make other unwanted changes and screw something else up. If it isnt your Tech II then the person that owns it should know how to use it and do what you want.

You do not need any new parts or reprograms. Its as simple as using the correct menus and making the correct selections. You wont find the "how to" on google.

Monday, September 03, 2012 7:24 AM
I sent a PM

Thank you so much for your help so far it relived a fair amount of stress knowing that it can be turned off on my bcm .

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:54 PM
Will, Go see Rob at Weatherall's Automotive Service he is a wiz with tech 2 here is his FB Page he is located in Markham.
Weatherall's Automotive Service
Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:31 PM
--update--

Being a 3400 swapped Sunfire there was a VIN mismatch between the BCM, PCM, and airbag module causing all my headaches, So long story short we reprogrammed the Impala PCM to my VIN and then we were able to get into the BCM using the Tech II and removed the ABS option. Also now the airbag system is working 100% and without any codes I am now able to pass the new e-test without issue, and all lights are off the dash. I HIGHLY recommend Rob at Weatheralll's, and many thanks for all the help!

Will

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search