GC/Koni Yellow install problem - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GC/Koni Yellow install problem
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:18 PM
Hey guys well after waiting for nearly 2 months i finally received my ground controls after being on back-order, i was pretty excited until i came across a problem. The two washers they sent for the rear struts don't fit. Would it be easier to go to a local hardware store and buy a new ones or call ground control about the problem. I also need new tapered washers, any idea where i could get some to fit my konis? Here are some pictures.

Re: GC/Koni Yellow install problem
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:27 PM
Either go to the hardware store and buy new ones, or drill them out.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:24 PM
you sure you have yellows? lol sure dont look yellow to me.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:01 PM
Positive they are just painted them sliver not a fan of yellow lol. Part number is 8041 1309sport.
Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:24 AM
Yeah, that's farking annoying.
I kind of doubt you'll find washers exactly like that, but it can't hurt to look.

Were it me, I'd just put them in a drill press and widen the inner hole myself. Although that assumes you have a drill press. You can fake it with some strong clamps and a regular drill. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to fit.
Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:18 PM
Got the rears knocked out last night. As i was taking the front ones off the previous install was @!#$ty using some cheap-o coilovers. They removed the perch, installed the sleeve but i cant take it off there's like a yellow/silver stopper where the strut and the strut housing come together. Any way i could remove this stopper? Been beating the s*&^ out of it and it hasn't moved. does it pop off or do i have to grind it down?

Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:50 PM
Never mind figured it out. Had to unscrew the bolt at the bottom of the strut housing. Installation finally completed very happy with the results major upgrade from having gr2s with ebay springs to the GC and koni yellows
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search