Proper way to adjust camber..specs... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Proper way to adjust camber..specs...
Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:40 PM
Since im redoing my entire suspension setup im going to have to get it aligned.

Since im buying new coilovers I will not slot the holes out in the bottom. So the options I can think of are camber bolts and the adjusting of the camber plates.

So what is the approved way? I read that adjusting by camber plates will change things in terms of contact patch? I dont mind buying a set of camber bolts if it means not grinding my new coilovers.

As for settings I was going to go -1.5* of camber and -1* toe in

Re: Proper way to adjust camber..specs...
Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:37 PM
1 degree of camber is 1 degree of camber no matter where you get it. Use the camber plates. Thats what you got them for haha.

Monday, March 25, 2013 6:15 AM
we have a new set coming out that should make it much easier to dial in your specs

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, March 25, 2013 7:02 AM
I was able to dial mine in on the alignment rack with the camber plates. I took notes ( have no idea where they are now ) on have far I could go on both positive and negative camber. I will do it again with the STD R5's when the car is running

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, March 25, 2013 4:00 PM
The coilovers im getting has camber plates.

I was just concerned because I was reading and people were saying you shouldn't use your camber plates to get your desired camber. Which honestly didn't make one bit of sense.
Monday, March 25, 2013 8:04 PM
Philly D wrote:The coilovers im getting has camber plates.

I was just concerned because I was reading and people were saying you shouldn't use your camber plates to get your desired camber. Which honestly didn't make one bit of sense.

They are correct. Camber plates are designed for quick, at-the-track changes to camber, not for setting the initial angle. That's why they have notches and marks, etc, so you can get repeatable changes whenever you adjust it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search