AMR Engineering coilovers? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AMR Engineering coilovers?
Monday, January 28, 2013 11:20 PM
Has anyone ever heard of these before?
8-Way Rebound Adjustable Coilovers

"Here is a setup that we made a few years ago for a customer of ours who had a J-Body. Assembled here in the USA, our custom coilover systems are designed to meet your needs. Our coilovers feature a mono-tube design, and machined using the latest tooling and equipment. Our machine work is simply outstanding, and we take great pride in the quality of our work. These are available rebound adjustable only and feature a distinct 8 click design. Our coilovers also allow you to adjust both preload and shock length. So adjusting both ride height and preload is fast, and simple. With the ability to adjust shock length you maintain your shock travel, and lower your car without sacrificing too much ride quality. These are meant to be the last coilovers you will ever need for your vehicle and come with a lifetime warranty on both the shock and spring. Speak to us today about getting a set made specifically for you and your driving needs. No more guessing games, leave it to us, and we guarentee you will love the ride quality and performance of our product. Check out our detailed pictures of our coilovers, and note the attention to detail as well as machine quality of our product. Our tooling leaves a outstanding finish, the product clearly shows that. This isn't one of our most popular applications, but definately one we'd like to get the word out on. There are not too many options for the J-body and I know our coilovers are definately one of the best options out there. This was developed for a customer years ago when he came to us since he heard we make custom coilovers."

No pictures of said coils... $1650 price tag.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Re: AMR Engineering coilovers?
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:23 AM
I can't say anything specifically for their j-body specs, but i know AMR is loved by many of the import guys, especially Honda and Subaru. My buddy runs them on his 04 sti, replaced his Teins with them, and says they're worth every penny. I haven't rode with him enough to really tell all the differences, though i know they were a bit stiffer than the Teins for normal street driving. He auto crosses the STI and says they far surpass any suspensions he's used up til now.
I have also read alot of positive reviews on their customer service, i believe the owner handles pretty much all customer communication and does a stellar job at it.

Again, nothing to say for the specific set made for the J, but overall they seem like a quality product, at least with other platforms.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:47 AM
I bought a strut tower brace for my SC2 saturn from the about 8 years ago. That's when AMR was just starting out.

Great guys to deal with back then...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:58 PM
a buddy of mine runs a set of AMR coilovers on his 07 wrx. They work great for autox and seemed to be a quality product when I helped him install them.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:19 PM
i love the description. it sounds like someone personally wrote it and is genuine.

now, from the description as well as what i am seeing i am interested. their colors seem to be much more my style, although i cant see any pic of our exact model...

im wondering about the mounts. do they provide them? camber plates up front?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:36 AM
My browser/laptop is crap.

Do you think these come with solid mounts with the adjustable camber.
I sort of remember these some time ago but can seem to locate pics on here

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:39 AM
Yeah,
The posts were back in '09 about these AMRs
Not sure of the results.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:34 PM
Old thread but what ever. I installed a set of these on a buddies acura tl a couple weeks ago.

They are a very quality piece, he went with the swift spring upgrade. Was around 1600 out the door shipped. Soild upper mounts, no camber adjustment.

It did take nearly 3 months for them to be "manufactured" and shipped.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search