Colbalt / G6 rear discs on j-body - Page 4 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Colbalt / G6 rear discs on j-body
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:16 AM
Ryan Royle wrote:do the stock cavalier brake lines bolt up to the cobalt calipers or do we need to create new ones? (adaptors)? I would prefer to stick to all gm products rather then dodge! I have a LS sport cavalier 02

You must have missed the post on page 2.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:01 PM
id read page two and am still unclear sorry I am new to modding anything not bolt on. do they just screw into each other?
Saturday, April 06, 2013 3:12 PM
WOW, a thread from the dead!!
just an update- no problems with this install, stops great
I am still on the original pads- but haven't driven much. Currently car is without motor and trans awaiting a 3400 and auto transplant. (yes not a stick)
been busy working everyone elses stuff but my own, have my own shop now,(1300 sq ft) , hope to get a 2 post lift soon
P.S. I will see if some of the old pics can be updated

Sunday, April 07, 2013 10:51 AM
Ryan Royle wrote:id read page two and am still unclear sorry I am new to modding anything not bolt on. do they just screw into each other?

You can also look into the Saturn/neon swap I think they are working on the second group buy in the GP forum. It is straight bolt on bracket that uses Saturn s series rear calipers and the dodge neon 5x100 rear rotors. Lots of info on this swap here.

Have a nice day.
Monday, April 08, 2013 3:02 PM
Jordan wrote:
Ryan Royle wrote:id read page two and am still unclear sorry I am new to modding anything not bolt on. do they just screw into each other?

You can also look into the Saturn/neon swap I think they are working on the second group buy in the GP forum. It is straight bolt on bracket that uses Saturn s series rear calipers and the dodge neon 5x100 rear rotors. Lots of info on this swap here.

I had the OG set-up. Its easy as cake to install.

Monday, April 08, 2013 11:48 PM
I would like to buy this set up but was not posted in gp thread anymore. Still doing it(g6/cobalt)?
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:58 AM
Last post by Mr quick was that the second group purchase for Saturn/neon would run till the end of April so you have time to look into it still if you'd want.

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:17 PM
Ryan Royle wrote:I would like to buy this set up but was not posted in gp thread anymore. Still doing it(g6/cobalt)?

Its not a GP for Cobalt rears. Its a Saturn caliper and Neon rotor.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:36 AM
I think you need to post a picture of a gnarly e-brake powerslide at like 40 MPH in a parking lot to get the haters to stfu.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:05 PM
would not put Saturn parts on my car! I meant the gp john beers use to have! Still doing it? the brackets and kit for the g6
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:11 PM
Ryan Royle wrote:would not put Saturn parts on my car! I meant the gp john beers use to have! Still doing it? the brackets and kit for the g6

You do realize GM owned Saturn. Thats like saying you wouldnt put G6 parts on your Cavalier or Cobalt parts on your Sunfire.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:43 AM
Brian wrote:
Ryan Royle wrote:would not put Saturn parts on my car! I meant the gp john beers use to have! Still doing it? the brackets and kit for the g6

You do realize GM owned Saturn. Thats like saying you wouldnt put G6 parts on your Cavalier or Cobalt parts on your Sunfire.

QFT. I fail to see the problem with putting other manufacturer's parts on your car. I have- GM, FoMoCo, Mopar, Nissan, and even Toyota. And they all work in perfect harmony. And I also doubt that any part on my car was made in the USA.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:56 AM
Brian wrote:

Yeahhhh... its even a GM part number stamped GM on the caliper lol. And I doubt this other group purchase is still going. You might as well get the Saturn setup while you have the chance dude.

Have a nice day.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search