Question about ACB springs. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about ACB springs.
Monday, April 15, 2013 3:42 AM
I was at the junk yard yesterday and found a z24 and a sunfire gt with front springs that had a green sticker on that said on the z24 "ACB 22209353" and the GT said "ACB 22197256" Are these lowering springs? They only had 4 coils compaired to the factory 5. I compaired them to other Js at the yard and they have one less coil. They were only on the fronts. Out of 100 or so Jbodys these two had them and no other mods.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Question about ACB springs.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:40 AM
Anyone?

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:42 AM
Those are GM part numbers. Probably FE2 and FE3. They aren't some aftermarket brand.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:13 AM
Well I only found two cars at the junk yard one was the sunfire gt 2000-05 and a z24 2000-02. No there GTs or z24s had them there. They have 1 less coil thats what does not make any sense and it was only on the front. All the rears were the same. Were they an replacement that was redesigned? I have never seen them before. Even my fully loaded 2000 z24 had 1 more coil.

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:44 AM
Give a call to the dealer. They can tell you exactly what they were available on and what package they came with.

Monday, April 22, 2013 8:22 AM
Ok, I'm sure they will want a vin so next time I go back I will get them. I find it odd no one else chimed in. When I saw them I thought maybe I could score some lowering springs dirt cheap. It is not a big deal though.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:56 PM
They don't need a VIN. You tell them the part number, they tell you what it was available on. I've done it plenty of times. If the parts guy doesn't want to do it- tell him he's an idiot, and move on to the next number in the phone book.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:49 AM
The surprising thing is that your Z has more coils.

The Z/GT suspension is supposed to be a little tighter (FE2/FE3). In the rear, this includes a reinforcement to the twist beam. In the front, there is a difference in the control arm replacements that I never actually looked into, and a difference in the sway bar, but the springs having one less coil (all other things being equal) would make it a higher spring rate.

Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:49 AM
I wish someone knew the difference in the spring rates.

Monday, June 30, 2014 7:04 PM
You ever find out if these are stock? I have someone selling some springs with the same label on it in a Eibach pro kit box.
Monday, June 30, 2014 7:39 PM
Pretty sure they were stock. Eibachs with say eibach pro or Sportlines the have a number xxx.x or something like that.

Monday, June 30, 2014 8:30 PM
Ok that's all I needed to know.saved me some money and time from not getting them, thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search