Bump Steer - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Bump Steer
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:32 PM
Mark you offer great products, and I’m a huge supporter in what you can do and what you’ve done. I didn’t click on your link because I already know quite a bit about bump steer and I have a professional gauge. I apologize for offending you. And yes, anodized aluminum will be more than enough for auto x and drag racing or, having some high speed fun. But racing for me is more like a contact sport.

This isn’t my video but I’m actually in this race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp_G_Bq01nI

Usually if I hit something hard enough the tie rod end, lower, rims, and roaders will need to be replaced. But in 4 years of racing I’ve never had to change a rack and pinion, half shaft, or even a sway bar link. Because GM built a spectacular suspension system that bends in all the right places. And sometimes I can hit walls doing 50 mph and keep going, so what I want is something that is stronger than a tie rod. I’m pretty sure what you have will do the job but to insure but I don’t want to buy something that’s going to break a few times a season (they are 90$ apiece) I want to custom order a pair of anodized steel sleeves that are the exact length that I need… can you do that for me?

Btw if you’re going to lower the car and fix your bump steer problem, you will never get the tie rod, the lower A arm, and the half shaft level. It’s not possible and is really not a handling issue if you do it the right way. Pease think about what your posting before you send it.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:40 AM
James Cahill wrote:
James Cahill wrote:What's the taper on the sleeve? How much for a pair of them?

Am I only talking to myself here? You can even PM me if you want.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:03 AM
James,

For the 2 sleeves you are looking at $35

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Friday, May 24, 2013 6:19 AM
really i want a set and do u do mil discounts brother?

(write what ever comment you want here)
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:10 PM
What's the taper? If it matches 2nd gens (which I don't recall offhand, so I'll have to go measure) I'll pick up a set.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search