Got easy street air ride kit few questions - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Got easy street air ride kit few questions
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:18 PM
I'm gonna borrow my buddy's impact today, hopefully it'll do the trick. The nut has been soaking in PB blaster, so if this dosnt take it off nothing will aha. I'll keep you guys posted.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:24 PM
I meant hold them with the plier inside the coil. And there ars no bearings onr the old easystreet mounts.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:11 AM
I don't know what your reffering to when you say coil lol anyways it's all good I had no problem getting it off with the impact. So yesterday I ordered all the hardware I need for the struts so I should have them by next week
I got super lucky when I called airlift because about a week before I called, they decided the throw out all the sunfire/cav air ride stuff because it's been discontinued for so long. Luckily that decided to save a bag of hardware and good thing they did or I woul be screwed aha
So anyways I'm just wondering, since they discontinued their sunfire line, what would I do if I ever blew a air bag or something like that where I would have to replace the strut? Are the bags replaceable? Or would I have to find something used? It kinda fears me out that I can get new struts if I needed too because I'm putting these in my daily driver so they should get plenty of use and abuse! Aha
Friday, April 12, 2013 2:49 PM
I was just wondering if if the easystreet digital valve block has check valves built in or is that something im going to have to invest in?
Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:15 PM
there are no checks in the manifolds
Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:05 PM
Okay so I finally got everything gathered for my air ride setup, and I went to put it intoday and I got as far as my trunk setup.
Iv ran into a problem. My compressor wont turn on, when I start the car. I know the compressor works, because I tested it with a battery. When I turn on the car the LCD controller lights up and shower 0psi in all the bags. Also the brain/computer blinks a red led, Is this supposed to happen? I checked my ground and I'm gonna grab a new relay tomorrow incase mine is burnt out. (I bought my kit used) The lines to the bags are not connected so the tank will not be able to fill because of the open push to connect fittings. But shouldn't the compressor atleast turn on and attempt to fill the tank? I don't see why its not turning on, I'm hoping I don't have a bad computer. Any input is appreciated!
Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:54 PM
yes the module it suppose to blink red at all times. I do not let my module have control of my compressor , but you can check to see if its sending signal. The output fromm the box is NOT to be used to directly power the compressor, only to trigger the relay. I use a normal pressure switch to run my compressors, i perfer to be able to turn them off at times.

And you should be able to fill the tank even if the bags arent hooked up. the valve hold the air in.
Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:30 PM
what kind of pressure switch do you use? An adjustable one like this one?
http://bagriders.com/modlab/products/ADJUSTABLE-PRESSURE-SWITCH.html
what is you tank pressure cut-off usually set at? Im assuming you have a switch to shutoff the compressors in the front of your car?

would it be safe to test my bags with my digital controller, with the struts not yet installed installed in my car?
i would like to ensure that everything is working before i put it in as it is my daily driver lol
Monday, July 08, 2013 1:46 PM
Pressure switch should be selected based on your compressors output rating. Typically you'll see 150-175 or 175-200PSI with 1 ground, 1 remote, 1 compressor and 1 power input. Make sure this is fused based on your compressor power rating and not direct.

It's always best to test the line set up with pressure when the bags are off the car, so you can soap and water test them to check for leaks. Its difficult to see if you have a leak around a strut o-ring when the struts are installed on the car.

As for the ECU controlling your system, I use to have the easystreet ECU digital set up. If you're running analog solenoids, be careful with your transducer set up and ensure everything is tight around the seals.
I had the ECU crap out on me, and it was recalled through easystreet back in 2008. The reason for the failure was unknown unfortunately and I ended up selling it due to reliability. There were multiple occurences due to this failure on other car forums when I did my research. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing batch or what it was. When I told them of my failure, they immediately replaced it.

I ended up swapping to accuair this year, but kept manual switch control of the car. Best move I've made while having air ride after all these years.

Monday, July 08, 2013 1:48 PM
Also to note: If you have the easystreet ECU, there is a tank pressure transducer to monitor your tank pressure. So you shouldnt need a separate pressure switch. Compressor(s) should be controlled through a relay like Spencer said.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:26 AM
Ok, so I still cannot figure out why my compressor is not turnin on. So I said hell with it and just put it on a switch for now so I can fill my tank and check for leaks. I have the compressor wired to the relay properly, I am not new to relays so that I know. Like I said above I'm hoping it's just the relay that is bad.

So anyways I filled my tank up to 100 psi and decided to try and play with my controller and see if it would dump and fill air.
Well it wouldn't. I couldn't get the controller to dump any air out of the valve block. (keep on mind I do not have the bags hooked up)
But I know not having the bags on should not have any affect, shouldn't the valves atleast try and fill the "bags". I even tried a little button mashing lol and I also tried to tune the controller. The LCD screen does show my tank pressure at 100 and my bag pressures at 0.

I bought the kit used and physically the ECU and controller look to be pretty beat up. Does anyone know if maybe my ECU is bad? I know that the red light does blink when acc is on. Can someone share any thoughts on this?

I'm going to test my bags this week, I'm thinking of pressure testing 2 at a time with an analog gauge and the nylon airline, what psi should I test them at? Would 50 psi left of a period of 24 hours ( test for slow leaks) be sufficient? I don't want to go too high if fear of busting the bags off the car.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:31 PM
its possible someone had blown the relay driver by not using the relay in the past....

and i use this switch
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/175psipressureswitch.aspx

power feed from my defogger button>pressure switch terminal> other terminal to relay pull in triggers.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:05 PM
Hold on here, do you have digital solenoids or analog? Do you have transducers for each bag at least hooked up? The ECU needs to go through a diagnoatic set up to become active. Are you 100% on your ground and positive connections?

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:57 PM
i have digital solenoids i think? i have 2 valve blocks that came with the easy street kit.
I do have the transducers to each bag hooked up, their is 2 on each valve block. Each one across from the fitting that will go to the corresponding bag.
I am also 100% on my ground and positive connections. my ground is ran on the same ground i use for my amplifier.
My positive connection is ran on a 12g wire i ran from my battery into the interior that i use for the door solenoids, so my lights dont dim when i pop the doors. i ran 12g to the compressor relay, and from the relay and the compressor. i also grounded with 12g.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:13 AM
If you're are certain on having the digital solenoids, refer to page 11 on the link below.

Do us a favour to help you, go over all the wiring, and highlight everything that is right, take a picture or scan your diagram, and your install.. then post.

www.airliftcompany.com/.../manuals/ES_MN-606_27630_27631.pdf

It really sounds like your ECU is pooched, and not triggering the solenoids to fire.
There is a reset button on the ECU that you hold down for 5 seconds... I would recommend doing that before starting so when you've checked over everything you can go through a diagnostic scan.
Also check the plug connectors to make sure there are not any bent or damaged pegs.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:14 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search