grease fittings - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
grease fittings
Friday, August 02, 2013 3:12 PM
Has anyone thought about installing grease fitting in your front and rear control arms and sway bars. It seems like I to grease bushing every few months for clunking. If I install fitting I wouldn't have to take stuff apart, I could grease it and be done. Any thoughts?

Re: grease fittings
Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:57 PM
If it's clunking it's well beyond the need for grease.

Most of the aftermarket bushings use some sort of self lubricating material. If you're going to go through all the trouble of pulling it all apart to drill and tap for grease fittings, you might as well throw in some aftermarket bushings instead.

Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:50 PM
I have poly sway bar and a-arm bushings and delrin in the rear control arms. My sway bar was clunking with the original setup and the rk sport sway bar has to be to regreased 6 months. I've used prothane, energy suspension, and daystar grease and they last about the same time. i know for sure i'm doing the sway bar, and possibly front a -arms.
Monday, August 05, 2013 11:30 AM
Something doesn't sound right. Your bushings shouldn't clunk because they are dry. They will usually squeak and creak, but clunking sounds like a different problem. I'm wondering if you're torquing the bolts in properly. They may simply be losening over time, and the clunk is going away because they're reinstalled tighter than when you remove them to grease them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search