OEM Camber Plate Issue - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OEM Camber Plate Issue
Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:17 AM
After finally getting the car lowered and the camber plates installed I went out for a drive to test things out. Made it about a mile and went to make a left turn. During the process of making said turn I felt the car shift to the right. This also threw off the steering wheel so it was obvious I had an issue. Pulled over, popped the hood, and saw that the setup had moved all they way to the right side of the camber plates. After limping it home I attempted to tighten the 4 adjusters to no avail, nothing move. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Re: OEM Camber Plate Issue
Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:27 AM
Did you jack up the car and remove the tension from the mounts?

I know on my McMoney chamber plates you have to have very little load on them to adjust them.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:37 AM
thevilliagemon wrote:After finally getting the car lowered and the camber plates installed I went out for a drive to test things out. Made it about a mile and went to make a left turn. During the process of making said turn I felt the car shift to the right. This also threw off the steering wheel so it was obvious I had an issue. Pulled over, popped the hood, and saw that the setup had moved all they way to the right side of the camber plates. After limping it home I attempted to tighten the 4 adjusters to no avail, nothing move. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
If you're saying the screws wouldn't tighten any further, I would pull one out and look at it. If it's out of threads ( if it has a non-threaded portion right under the head), I would put washers on them. If not, I would contact OEM directly rather than posting a thread about it. You will probably get the issue straightened out quicker.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:14 PM
I had sent a PM to Mark last night and he hasn't had time to get back to me yet. Due to the provided information provided here I am glad to say everything has been corrected. Total oversight...tighten everything down before putting it down.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search