Steering/Handling - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Steering/Handling
Friday, January 31, 2014 6:43 AM
When you have 2 sway bars and the only difference is the diameter you take the bars size to the 4th power ie. 24^4 = 24x24x24x24. Now that is how you take bars that are exactly the same in material and size just diameter is different. Now the eibach could be made from a different material but the calculation still helps give a simple comparison.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Saturday, February 01, 2014 1:35 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:When you have 2 sway bars and the only difference is the diameter you take the bars size to the 4th power ie. 24^4 = 24x24x24x24. Now that is how you take bars that are exactly the same in material and size just diameter is different. Now the eibach could be made from a different material but the calculation still helps give a simple comparison.

Where did you get that calculation? I've done all sorts of sway bar rate comparison and I've never seen that one before.

Saturday, February 01, 2014 4:33 PM
As far as I know everyone uses that lol.

Saturday, February 01, 2014 4:39 PM
I've seen it that way and (new/old)^4. For example (26mm/24mm)^4. Don't really know how accurate they are. I know you can calculate them by the length, circumference, and all the other measurements. I think someone came up with the others for a quick comparison.

Saturday, February 01, 2014 4:50 PM
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_112694/article.html

Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:04 AM
Nope. Never saw it. Not bad for a quick comparison.

Sunday, February 02, 2014 11:01 AM
James Cahill wrote:Nope. Never saw it. Not bad for a quick comparison.

I think it's only good for comparing solid for solid and the same dimensions just different thickness. Otherwise with hollow you have to subtract the diameter from the wall thickness or something like that for hollow bars. Never had a hollow bar so never had to worry about it.

Monday, February 03, 2014 11:45 AM
The most noticable difference I have felt with my steering was when i had the wheels cambered a bit. The car felt like it was on rails. Addco is the thickest sway bar available, but the eibach should be good. 1mm makes a diffence.

Monday, February 03, 2014 3:08 PM
addco is thicker than the eibach

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search