Has anyone used this? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Has anyone used this?
Monday, November 04, 2013 4:14 AM

Re: Has anyone used this?
Monday, February 17, 2014 10:09 PM
Don't get those struts. They're awful. If you're wanting to get oem replacements just get Monroe's.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:10 AM
If your not lowered, check out Rock Auto If you are lowered, Rock Auto sells AGX's But Id stay away from LOTEK and Staggs.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:28 AM
I've never used the lotek's but i'm lowered 1.5" right now on staggs and i love them. Much better than factory, it handles way tighter in corners and took away almost all of my bodyroll.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:04 AM
^^^ Your struts aren't blown yet?? How long have you been driving on them?

You can search or ask any knowledgeable member on this forum but I am sure they will all agree....

Stagg, lotek, drop zone struts all = Garbage
Drop zone, megan, no name ebay coil overs springs all = Garbage
Monroe, Gabriel, KYB GR2 = Good FACTORY replacement struts
KYB AGX, HP Blue or D specs, Koni, = Good Strut for lowering with good springs
Eibach pro or sportlines, Tein, H & R springs, Suspension tech, etc = Good lowering springs

The Suspension FAQ sticky is outdated but still has some good basic info on there.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:01 PM
they've been on the car for about two months now and still ride smooth as the day i put them on.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:37 PM
Not trying to bash you or anything but you may want to start a new suspension savings fund. There is even a agx/intrax springs combo (can't find anything bad on Intrax other than they say 1.7" but sag to 2") for $350 in the classified, even comes complete with mounts.
New brand name suspension stuff is expensive and a suspension is not something that a person should cheap out on. If you do want to cheap out on it (like I did) then buy used good cond. brand name stuff.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search