04 cavalier has a lot of positive camber on the right side. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 cavalier has a lot of positive camber on the right side.
Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:18 AM
I recently bought new tires, and they already have a good amount of tire wear on the outer edge of the front right side. You can literally see the positive camber angle on the front right side of the car. I thought it may have been that the strut was bent, because the guy I bought it from said it was in a small accident but nothing serious according to car fax. I replaced all 4 struts, both CV axles and still the same thing. I am thinking of buying some camber bolts and getting it aligned, but I wanted to get some of yalls input first. Any thoughts on what it could be? It is only on the front right side.

Re: 04 cavalier has a lot of positive camber on the right side.
Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:44 AM
I really think your next step should be to get an alignment...
Re: 04 cavalier has a lot of positive camber on the right side.
Saturday, March 29, 2014 12:05 PM
It is getting an alignment as we speak. I found out the problem was that the steering knuckle was bent from the accident that the previous owner had. Luckily I had an extra knuckle in my shed from my previous Cavalier. Swapped it out, and it fixed the camber problem. The funny part is, I guess after they fixed the car from the accident it was in, they aligned it with the bent knuckle. So after I lowered it back on the ground, the front right had some crazy negative toe, but it is getting adjusted right now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search