Megan racing surprise - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Megan racing surprise
Monday, April 07, 2014 12:15 AM
Well my passenger side front sportline spring broke and being that my car is my work car I went cheap. Thinking that I went to amazon picked up these cheap springs because I previously researched them because of the spring rate is right for the car. I installed them with new mounts aligned it. Took the car out for a test drive and wow the ride is very good much better than the sportlines ever had. And I put 150000 miles on my sportlines over 8 years. It has to settle as far as hight but they are rated at 1.9 front and rear and they are rated stiffer but they have less soft progressive windings but it's less bumpy. Anyway I thought I would share my thoughts on these anyone else try them?

see ya!

Re: Megan racing surprise
Monday, April 07, 2014 6:21 AM
There's no link or info on the springs

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Monday, April 07, 2014 4:09 PM
What struts?

FU Tuning

Monday, April 07, 2014 6:42 PM
D specs.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 3:31 AM
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:45 AM
I've been running them on AGX shocks for about 3 years now and I love them. It is pretty stiff but handles great! Would recommend them anytime!

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:49 AM
wouldn't it have been cheaper to send you sportlines back? They have a million mile warranty / lifetime. Then you would have gotten a brand new set for free.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 3:51 PM
Only if you have the receipt from 2005 who does that?

see ya!

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 4:00 PM
You can tell the rear is stiffer than the sportlines. On big sweeping corners from the apex out there is more weight on the front tires even powering out of the corner it's not spinning the inside tire up.

see ya!

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:00 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:wouldn't it have been cheaper to send you sportlines back? They have a million mile warranty / lifetime. Then you would have gotten a brand new set for free.

this.

and actually, I have every last receipt for each part and or work I have ever had done to any vehicle I have ever owned since 2000. I still have my receipt for my sportlines even though I no longer own them.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:14 AM
I had a sportline break too on me a month ago. I called eibach and gave them hell and all they asked for was a couple pics and wouldn't you know it a week later I had a brand new set at my door no questions asked. I guess I have better luck than most.

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 8:12 PM
I just ordered a set of the Megan's for my 03 ls sport. Thanks for the recommendation!
Wednesday, May 07, 2014 6:39 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Rob Dotterer wrote:wouldn't it have been cheaper to send you sportlines back? They have a million mile warranty / lifetime. Then you would have gotten a brand new set for free.

this.

and actually, I have every last receipt for each part and or work I have ever had done to any vehicle I have ever owned since 2000. I still have my receipt for my sportlines even though I no longer own them.

My cavalier receipt folder is about 2" thick!
Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:27 PM
novaracer wrote:Yes d-specs http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=455&catid=44

That website says 95-02, will they fit 03-05 as well?
Friday, May 30, 2014 10:02 PM
OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:
novaracer wrote:Yes d-specs http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=455&catid=44

That website says 95-02, will they fit 03-05 as well?

yes but you'll get less drop in the front because they are made for the 2.4l which is heavier.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search