Slowzee's Saturn disc swap(The Original Setup with Pictures) - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Slowzee's Saturn disc swap(The Original Setup with Pictures)
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:40 PM
Thank you. But LOL.

Ok, anyone with a j-body spare and no spacers put on?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, July 01, 2012 9:04 PM
good to see people still forgin on custom doin stuff! keep at it!

Monday, July 02, 2012 1:46 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:but whats up with that sway bar?

I would like know also
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:36 AM
For us lazy folk, what year(s)/models of parts do we need for this swap?

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 4:24 PM
Ender_Wiggin wrote:For us lazy folk, what year(s)/models of parts do we need for this swap?

Calipers and caliper brackets from saturn S series.. example 1996 saturn sc2. Also the rubber hose fron the same saturn (body to caliper) OR ss lines with adapters.. also pads of your choice.

The last two things are the custom brackets and rotors. If you have jeffie brackets you need the saturn rotors re drilled to 5x100 OR if you get mr quicks you will need dodge neon/srt 4 rotors
Sunday, July 08, 2012 5:48 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Can anyone confirm to me if you can use a J-Body's spare tire with these brakes?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:06 AM
I would like to confirm that a 2nd gen J spare DOES fit over the Saturn disks with the Jeffie brackets, although barely. The banjo bolt is about 1/4" from hitting the wheel and if the dust shield was installed, there is even less clearance but everything fits like a glove. If the 2nd and 3rd gen spares are the same, then this swap shouldn't interfere with roadside problems.

1993 Pontiac Sunbird 3400V6

Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:07 AM
I don't think the spares changed from Gen2 to Gen3. Based on the problem I ran into with my setup I can see the spare just barely clearing it on this one.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:06 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:I don't think the spares changed from Gen2 to Gen3.

Not that I know of.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:04 PM
Excellent to know this PingPong.
James Cahill, are you sure it has not changed from Gen2 to Gen3?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, July 21, 2012 8:42 PM
Well, I never actually set the steelies next to one another, but I do know the tire size is the same. Knowing GM practices, I would make a safe assumption the wheel is the same. If you want, I can measure up the spare I've got so you can compare to 3rd gen dimensions.

Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:29 PM
considering that my spare (beretta) and pingpong's spare fits from a 2gen and we don't think they have changed.. they probably haven't.

I had also thought that it was stated somewhere when the threads were first going up about the saturn swap and jeffie brackets that the 3gen spare would clear the calipers easily.. maybe i'm wrong. but I know my beretta spare fits with PLENTY of clearance for the caliper. I know when I first put it on that was one of my concerns but the caliper was nowhere near the rim, and I cannot believe that they would change the spare that much at all between the two vehicles considering their similar build platforms and so many of the same parts between them. Also I think it was also said that the saturn tires go down to 13 or 14 inches on the lowest base models that still had 4 wheel discs and would have an even smaller spare than the regular rim/tire.
Monday, May 12, 2014 8:27 PM
did anyone else have a ton of movement in the hub-bracket-axle before tightening the bolts. I have probably 1/8 of an inch in up and down side to side movement. I decide that back and up was best, then tightened the bolt down....anyone have any info...bigger bolt? something wrong?

Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:32 PM
1997 Saturn parts are all swapped in and working. However. I have a drag on both calipers. Both pistons were all the way turned in, and rotors and pads were both new. Should I take apart and try to turn the pistons in more? or just let it be? Also need to figure out how to adjust the e-brake. Any advice?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search