Kyb, Tokico, or Koni Struts?... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Kyb, Tokico, or Koni Struts?...
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:28 PM
Just taking a general poll on which one everyone prefers on the basis of cost for performance and practicality.... I'm looking into replacing the stockers and getting the Megan lowering springs as well. I would like some adjustability but its not necessary .... Will take advice before committing to a purchase...

Re: Kyb, Tokico, or Koni Struts?...
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:02 PM
Tokico Dspecs and Koni Yellows are the two best and would be great for any lowering springs, if you are just going with a small 1-1.5" drop, KYB AGX or Tokico HP Blues would work fine. If your willing to spend money on proper struts then you should invest in better springs too. I love my Eibach Sportlines, but any Eibach, Tein, H&R Springs, etc. will work great. I'd say away from Megan and Dropzone, etc...

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:41 AM
What about coilover kits? Any suggestions... are coilovers generally better than getting sets of struts and springs?
Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:25 PM
Coil overs are the best. First is just ground control sleeves that go on normal struts like konis or d specs. But if you are looking for the best handling, there is Tein basics or super streets, STD (search these forums for more info on them), then a few other, most of the brand names are in the suspension FAQ sticky. If money was not a problem, I'd probably go with STDs. Sometimes, there is good deals in the classified section on here.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:13 AM
What do you want to do with the car?

Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:02 AM
If you're interested I have a set of tokico D-Specs and h&r springs for sale. Mounts included, ready to bolt in.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:33 PM
Well, around here there's only a 1000ft drag strip to blast on, and then some mountain roads. So it doesn't have to be track ready suspension, although I would want some adjustability in case I decide to take a trip to Texas and hit a circuit. Mainly just want it to sit lower and handle a bit better.... but I'm betting any suspension upgrade will do that.... I was actually looking into some d-specs but with megan springs, I have heard good and bad about them, so I don't know if I should risk it on them. H & R springs on the other hand, I have heard nothing but good from them, so I guess it just depends on the cost of it all... I think I found a full set d-specs for $650 and around $150 for the Megan springs.
Friday, June 27, 2014 2:54 PM
Y3llow you get my message? If this guy don't want them shoot me a price and will talk.
Friday, June 27, 2014 3:16 PM
OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:Y3llow you get my message? If this guy don't want them shoot me a price and will talk.

My bad, pm replied.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search