2 months lowered on stock struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 months lowered on stock struts
Sunday, August 10, 2014 12:11 AM
I've been lowered on my stock struts with tein s techs for going on 2 months and I've had absolutely no problems with them yet. Car handles like a champ now.

Got heem!

Re: 2 months lowered on stock struts
Sunday, August 10, 2014 12:41 AM
Lol. Bring the car to PA and I'll show you a cavalier that handles like a champ. Then Strat can show you one that handles like a god.

But wait. What is this in your profile?
2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
K&N Short Ram Intake
Megan Racing Lowering Springs
Red Interior Neons

Young and dumb, we all have been there. Once you drive a car with a properly set-up suspension you'll wonder why you even bothered cheaping out in the 1st place.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:03 AM
So you're boasting about being lowered with struts that are in no way designed to be in a lowered application . Congratulations?

Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:37 AM
There's such a thing as cheap suspension parts?

Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:49 PM
Tinkles, I actually haven't been on in 2 months so I had no time to change it. I was going to put on Megan's springs but got S techs instead

Got heem!
Monday, August 11, 2014 1:33 AM
6 years on my cav (sportlines and stock struts). Yeah, it doesn't handle so well anymore (or at anytime for that matter). Though it's just mainly used to go to the convenience store a mile from home every few days.

Now my Sunfire on tien ss, like rails.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:12 PM
Been there donee that. Know better.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 15, 2014 12:30 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Been there donee that. Know better.
X2

The only people who GAF about you being lowered on stock struts are the ones that come here and ask if it's OK, but are really just hoping to hear what they want to hear, and don't want the truth.

They're going to blow, they already ride like shit, but you don't know any better, and eventually, you'll figure it out. Hopefully you do before it blows and you cause an accident and someone gets hurt.

Friday, August 15, 2014 4:33 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Lol. Bring the car to PA and I'll show you a cavalier that handles like a champ.

That goes for Boston too.

You won't know there's a problem until it's too late.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:29 AM
oh those struts are already blown. Probably blown on the first drive lowered.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 7:04 AM
These guys speak words of wisdom. I cheaped out on my first J with lowered springs on stock struts and I too thought "wow this thing handles nice". Now I know much better and did things right with my second one. Tein SS's with all busings replaced with polly and delrin and soon to be enough braces and supports to make the body stiff as can be and she handles like a dream.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:36 PM
Hell my stock struts blew on the stock springs...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search