Car Pulls to the left while Accellerating - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Car Pulls to the left while Accellerating
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:35 PM
my old cavi did the same thing and it was the control arm bushing. replaced that and got an allignment and it was good. But you said you already checked that...

Friday, June 20, 2008 11:39 AM
^^....so why post

Friday, June 20, 2008 2:57 PM
any update on the problem?

http://members.cardomain.com/yellow05cavy
Sunday, May 08, 2011 11:20 AM
I'm bringing this back alive...
My car pulls left now when I accelerate a little bit too, but at WOT it is VERY squirrely, and scary actually. It acts like the front end is lifting off the ground and floating from left to right and fighting. I installed new ball joints, poly control arm bushings, poly sway bar endlinks and checked all the torque specs. Could it be possible the CA Bushings are just junk and allow too much movement?

Monday, May 09, 2011 7:14 PM
chris i had a problem with my control arms with poly bushings comoin loose its the horizontal bolt i had right hand side my car did the same thing i had to remove the bolt and lock tight it because i had it loosen twice last year and i only put 3500km on my car. not second guessing your knowledge just a heads up what i was pulling my hair out over last year. my car spent a day on the alignment machine and no one saw the bolt was loose i found mine when doin an oil change because my filter is right there and my subframe extension held it in

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:08 PM
SLOCAV wrote:I'm bringing this back alive...
My car pulls left now when I accelerate a little bit too, but at WOT it is VERY squirrely, and scary actually. It acts like the front end is lifting off the ground and floating from left to right and fighting. I installed new ball joints, poly control arm bushings, poly sway bar endlinks and checked all the torque specs. Could it be possible the CA Bushings are just junk and allow too much movement?

If your at or near wot torque steer can be really bad depending on the road, traction, slope etc. It can get worse or different with tires as the wear. If you don't like torque steer then your going to have a hard time cause its from the unequal axle lengths.

Bushings can directly affect the feel too so if you just changed all that this might be your new feel.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:10 PM
Pretty sure it's the driver side tie-rod. Rubber bushing is up and lets grease out, so I just ordered one so I can replace it. I'll check the horizontal bolts on both control arms just to be safe, next is to replace all the struts and mounts, they need it anyways.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:46 AM
mine was also the bolt behind that brace that goes into the control arm... mine was loose.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:12 AM
Mine was a broken control arm bolt.....

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:47 PM
I tightened the horizontal CA bolt, it was kinda loose, put some more grease in the ball joints, took quite a bit, then checked all other steering connections. Car pulls a tiny bit, but not as bad, i'm just waiting on the tie rod end, and I'll replace that to see what else happens.

Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:11 PM
I replaced the driver side tie rod end, alignment is out of wack now obviously, but car tends to pull a little bit still, and is still all over the road above 70mph wot. Going to replace the passenger side tie rod end and go in for an alignment then see what happens. Might end up replacing the struts up front too to see what happens.
I did notice the passenger side control arm sits a little lower on the rear bushing, but i don't think that would cause problems pulling left... we will see what the alignment does...

Re: Car Pulls to the left while Accelerating
Monday, May 16, 2011 9:19 AM
Seems this is a popular issue.

I'm having the issue with the car pulling to the right with a small increase in throttle and jumps back left when I let off the throttle. Kind of scary going down the road when it does this. It also seems to want to wander all over the road.

Struts are brand new AGXs, like less than 1000 miles on them now. Alignment was done about 300 miles ago. Poly control arm bushings/ ball joints were done last year sometime.

My guess is the horizontal control arm bushings as well. I think I'm going to pull the torque strut and make the bolt is tight. If so I will probably remove the arm and make sure the bushing isn't messed up.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, May 22, 2011 6:37 AM
Replaced both my tie rod ends, and got the alignment perfect. Car is still unpredictable above 70-80mph...

Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:06 AM
does your ball joint have play
jack up the car so the wheel is off the ground
tie rods you grab the wheel at 9 and 3 move the wheel just enough to see if theres play in the tie rod at the spindel light movements
ball joints you want 12 and 6 do the same procedure.

just out of curiosity did you use the grease that comes with the control arm bushings on the face that meets the control arm pockets???

because the bushings are tight and move very little they will twist the bolt loose insted of flexing don't think this is your issue slovcav as this is more of a problem if you had the bolt tight and came loose again unless you have put on a few miles since the last time you tighened it

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:49 AM
Ball Joints are brand new, I used grease from the prothane package also. I do have some play fro 12-6 so probably time for new hubs? Basically everything else in the front is brand new...

Saturday, September 19, 2015 1:17 PM
Anyone figure out this issue? I'm having the same issue with my car pulling to the left under acceleration. Tire are good, just installed new rack and pinion, ball joints are new and poly bushings are new still shift under acceleration. I had this same issue with my old 96" and it was the horizontal bolt on DS and fixed the issue, this car has a new bolt and it's nice and tight. I'm stumped.
Sunday, September 20, 2015 10:46 PM
Had a blown strut on the rear pull the car around quite a bit. Bad toe angle will cause it too

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:44 PM
OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:Anyone figure out this issue? I'm having the same issue with my car pulling to the left under acceleration. Tire are good, just installed new rack and pinion, ball joints are new and poly bushings are new still shift under acceleration. I had this same issue with my old 96" and it was the horizontal bolt on DS and fixed the issue, this car has a new bolt and it's nice and tight. I'm stumped.

did you check both bolts or just one side? most seem to have had issues with the driver's side bolt but when mine was loose, it was actually the passenger side horizontal bolt that was causing my issues.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search