Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM - Page 4 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:20 PM
OEM wrote:

And thats your opinion.


You really shouldn't try and piss of your customer base. Really doesn't do well for the finances in the long run.



Like I said my braces will be for sale when they come in. $200 takes em!

Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:29 PM
Mark is having to outsource the Powder coating. He does not have the machines to perform the services or I am sure he would be able to give us a better deal on PC prices. It makes sense for him to charge for it if we are requesting it. Everything I have ever gotten from mark has been powdercoated by my decision therefore I paid the extra $$$.

If you want your parts to look good, and last get a good finish on them. If you want to rattle can them at your house then obviously there will be a difference in final outcome.



FOR SALE
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:35 PM
OEM wrote:

And thats your opinion.


This whole thing is way beyond customer base. I have a few of Marks parts, and (even though he wont tell anyone) helped him with the design for the strut mounts, and the RSTB, and a few other parts. There are even people here that will confirm. But he did a few things and I'm sure I've done a few things the made the business relationship between him and I go away.

I paint and PC for a living, I know how much the work and materials cost, and if his prices are high BECAUSE of that supplier/processor, then he needs to find a new one. But his prices are high for other reasons.

Either way, a product should come FINISHED. It shouldn't be an option, and you shouldnt have to pay more for it. Do you have to pay to have your car painted when you buy it from a dealership? nope....


/rant



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:05 PM


Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:40 PM
You don't see the paint job because it's already factored into the price of the car... If you order a car, special colors/finishes do cost more then standard factory colors.

He could sell the pieces for a higher/finished price and finish them the way you want OR he can offer a reduced price (which most JBO members want) and give them the option to put the finish they want or install them raw which i've seen as well.





FOR SALE
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:51 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:

You don't see the paint job because it's already factored into the price of the car... If you order a car, special colors/finishes do cost more then standard factory colors.

He could sell the pieces for a higher/finished price and finish them the way you want OR he can offer a reduced price (which most JBO members want) and give them the option to put the finish they want or install them raw which i've seen as well.


Thats my point exactly. Thats just what i am saying. It should not be an option to have it painted/pc'ed. It should just be done. His prices are not reduced by any means. I have talked to him SEVERAL times, and know that he has charged as much as 150% profit on some parts. Sorry if I am throwing him under the bus, but that is REDICULOUS. It's one of the big reasons why I don't buy from him anymore, and one of the reason why him and I came to an impass as far as working together to design parts. If its for a one off part then sure, but for things that are mad in quantities, 150% profit is not good business practice.



Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:57 PM
I understand your point. I personally am not worried about his profit margin because parts aren't the easiest to find. It's not like we have a bunch of machine shops looking to serve the community. I have researched locally and trying to get a "car part" made whenever the oil and gas industry is the prime business... the owners want to laugh.

I appreciate the insight evofire, and appreciate OEM's products/service as well.





FOR SALE
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:30 PM
very cool man. the effort is much appreciated. looks like ill have to tear the fenders off the car finally.



Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:36 PM
lol if you think you can do a better job, please start up you're own company.

til then piss off.



Don't know what ya got til they take it away...
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:43 PM
z yaaaa wrote:

lol if you think you can do a better job, please start up you're own company.

til then piss off.


Haha in tru Brad fashion. If you went through all the OEM post from teh very beginning you would understand...



Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:47 PM
So let me get this straight, because YOU think that I charge to much for parts and cant afford then, you think I should lower my prices? In all honesty what does it matter what I charge. I am providing a service, if you dont want it then dont buy or comment. Your complaint is not valid. If I wanna change 1 million dollars for a strut tower bar, then I will do so. Yes no one will buy one obviously but thats my decision as the business owner, correct or NO? Should I consult with you first? IN all honesty your over stepping your boundaries here CHRIS.

Oh and I dont go around telling people @!#$ about you cause I "had" some respect for you. Yes you did help me with the strut mounts, so big deal. Brad aka Zyaaa helped me with the CF when I started and Jeff aka Satchamoe is helping me with new designs as well, like the cooling tank. Your nothing special and you are only making your self look like a sell out.


EvoFire wrote:

BaggedOn20s wrote:

You don't see the paint job because it's already factored into the price of the car... If you order a car, special colors/finishes do cost more then standard factory colors.

He could sell the pieces for a higher/finished price and finish them the way you want OR he can offer a reduced price (which most JBO members want) and give them the option to put the finish they want or install them raw which i've seen as well.


Thats my point exactly. Thats just what i am saying. It should not be an option to have it painted/pc'ed. It should just be done. His prices are not reduced by any means. I have talked to him SEVERAL times, and know that he has charged as much as 150% profit on some parts. Sorry if I am throwing him under the bus, but that is REDICULOUS. It's one of the big reasons why I don't buy from him anymore, and one of the reason why him and I came to an impass as far as working together to design parts. If its for a one off part then sure, but for things that are mad in quantities, 150% profit is not good business practice.



http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:54 PM
OEM wrote:

So let me get this straight, because YOU think that I charge to much for parts and cant afford then, you think I should lower my prices? In all honesty what does it matter what I charge. I am providing a service, if you dont want it then dont buy or comment. Your complaint is not valid. If I wanna change 1 million dollars for a strut tower bar, then I will do so. Yes no one will buy one obviously but thats my decision as the business owner, correct or NO? Should I consult with you first? IN all honesty your over stepping your boundaries here CHRIS.

Oh and I dont go around telling people @!#$ about you cause I "had" some respect for you. Yes you did help me with the strut mounts, so big deal. Brad aka Zyaaa helped me with the CF when I started and Jeff aka Satchamoe is helping me with new designs as well, like the cooling tank. Your nothing special and you are only making your self look like a sell out.


One of the stupidest things a business owner could ever say.

As far as can't afford it.. LOLs you crack me up. Why would I wanna buy over priced unfinished work. As far as overstepping boundries. Its a public forum I'll do as I please. Is sell out all you can come up with? I've been called worse things by people I like more then you.

I never said I was anything special. Just said that I had some insight on how you "run" things, and that per conversations I have had with you, you are not a good business man. I have never said your parts are not good, or that you can't design car parts, because guess what????? YOU CAN!! and for the most part your parts are good. I said you are a shady business man. If you can't handle that then GTFO!




Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:59 PM
EvoFire wrote:

OEM wrote:

So let me get this straight, because YOU think that I charge to much for parts and cant afford then, you think I should lower my prices? In all honesty what does it matter what I charge. I am providing a service, if you dont want it then dont buy or comment. Your complaint is not valid. If I wanna change 1 million dollars for a strut tower bar, then I will do so. Yes no one will buy one obviously but thats my decision as the business owner, correct or NO? Should I consult with you first? IN all honesty your over stepping your boundaries here CHRIS.

Oh and I dont go around telling people @!#$ about you cause I "had" some respect for you. Yes you did help me with the strut mounts, so big deal. Brad aka Zyaaa helped me with the CF when I started and Jeff aka Satchamoe is helping me with new designs as well, like the cooling tank. Your nothing special and you are only making your self look like a sell out.


One of the stupidest things a business owner could ever say.

As far as can't afford it.. LOLs you crack me up. Why would I wanna buy over priced unfinished work. As far as overstepping boundries. Its a public forum I'll do as I please. Is sell out all you can come up with? I've been called worse things by people I like more then you.

I never said I was anything special. Just said that I had some insight on how you "run" things, and that per conversations I have had with you, you are not a good business man. I have never said your parts are not good, or that you can't design car parts, because guess what????? YOU CAN!! and for the most part your parts are good. I said you are a shady business man. If you can't handle that then GTFO!



Whys that? How long did it take you to pay the $300 off from me? then you call me and begg for your money back. Do you remember that? Yeah didnt think so. So lets get this straight so I know for the final time what I am dealing with. Your saying a company that charges 2x is a bad company? Is this the case? Cause if so, then your an IDIOT.

I love how this is blowing up again. Chris I am not going to let myself go down to your level, its obvious that you have itching for a fight. Oh and to the comment that I am a bad business man, well I guess I am cause u say so. After all you are GOD and I shall bow correct, lol.


http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:06 PM
lol... anyone remember a few threads ago when Mark said he wasn't gonna fight on the forum like this anymore? Well guess he forgot.
I love how you are not reading all of my posts. I called you wanting money back because you send me @!#$ty @!#$ up terribly powdercoated parts. But whatever...Im done with this thread. got the rise outta you. You go on with your OEM business, and just rememeber that M5 guys wont be as nice to you as the people here have been....



Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:09 PM
EvoFire wrote:

lol... anyone remember a few threads ago when Mark said he wasn't gonna fight on the forum like this anymore? Well guess he forgot.
I love how you are not reading all of my posts. I called you wanting money back because you send me @!#$ty @!#$ up terribly powdercoated parts. But whatever...Im done with this thread. got the rise outta you. You go on with your OEM business, and just rememeber that M5 guys wont be as nice to you as the people here have been....



Nope I remember exactly it was cause u had to pay a bill and u had no money. But good try lol


http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:08 PM
in true brad fashion? wtf is that supposed to mean?

i cant point out the obvious? you have no say, you dont run your own company. you can suggest things but too outright bash a company for its practices over a public forum is just plain pathetic. as far as i know everybody that has ever bought an OEM item has always gotten it. as far as i know OEM creates one off parts that no big boy company was willing to create. as far as i know OEM takes their licks, constant bashing from you and many others and comes right back here with open arms willing to make more product.

what happened with exploited? what happened with izntrbl? what happened with all the other @!#$bag companies that have came and gone here? thats right, they @!#$ people over left and right. i dont see that happening with OEM, do you?

and really who the hell cares if the item isnt finished? if you want it that way the option is there, but its more expensive. some people (99.1 of JBO dont have much money so to save anything is a good thing. i for one enjoy the option of being able to coat my items pretty much any color in the rainbow before shipping. not many 'big boy' companies offer a bunch of different options to further customize your setup.

sorry if OEM isnt your cookie-cutter dc sports, OBX, and AEM but dear god the cars have been dead for over 5 years, wtf do you expect?!



Don't know what ya got til they take it away...
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:12 PM
EvoFire wrote:

TTR doesn't make you pay for them to powdercoat the k brace. Companies dont make you pay for them to powdercoat or paint a STB..


If you actually believe that, you are a @!#$ retard. All of these companies factor that into their prices. No, shut up, yes they do.



Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:25 PM
Can I get my $$ back? I really don't have time to deal with an unfinished product that should have come 100% complete and didn't. Love how I got told to go find the part myself because you were "loosing" money. Do it right the first damn time and you won't have that problem. Anyways I am done with you and your parts.

I have fender braces, coolant tank, RTSB, and a FTSB with clutch reservoir built in if anyone is interested send me an email.
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:38 PM
Now I see why JBO gets such a bad rep.

Mark, thanks for what you do man.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:40 PM

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!





Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:41 PM
What he does? Selling half finished crap?
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:42 PM
Not trying to start anything hear but just adding points.. I think you guys are all hyped up on e-drenaline towards someone arguing and need to slow down and think more into what is being said by both sides. I for one can't say i've have a great experience with OEM, but i just don't buy his stuff and try to ignore posts.. cept this one blew up quick and had my curiosity lol

EvoFire wrote:

A thought I have is that customers should not have to pay for a part to be coated. I know I have talked to Mark about this before.

TTR doesn't make you pay for them to powdercoat the k brace. Companies dont make you pay for them to powdercoat or paint a STB.
I didnt have to pay for my RKsport upper to be painted...Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. .

TTR's products are mainly raw steel, in which to save their ass its pretty much needed to be coated. So they just cover it in their costs to produce. OEM's parts that are aluminum really don't need to be coated. Some like to polish, or coat themselves or just leave them be. Aluminum oxidizes though and looks hideous when it does but this is most likely a reasoning..

z yaaaa wrote:

what happened with exploited? what happened with izntrbl? what happened with all the other @!#$bag companies that have came and gone here? thats right, they @!#$ people over left and right. i dont see that happening with OEM, do you?

technically brad.. all those companies made good parts at first... then once they got backing from members, got too busy, then started @!#$ people over.. not saying that is OEM, just saying

z yaaaa wrote:

sorry if OEM isnt your cookie-cutter dc sports, OBX, and AEM but dear god the cars have been dead for over 5 years, wtf do you expect?!

this excuse gets old, plenty of cars have "died" and still have support..

bradsk88 wrote:

EvoFire wrote:

TTR doesn't make you pay for them to powdercoat the k brace. Companies dont make you pay for them to powdercoat or paint a STB..


If you actually believe that, you are a @!#$ retard. All of these companies factor that into their prices. No, shut up, yes they do.

what evofire is getting at is instead of having the option to have a better product, they just do it and factor in the costs.. but i touched on this already

just my take. I know at my work, on all the brackets/parts/pieces we manufacturer(aluminum or steel) we powder coat them no matter what.. If they want chrome or color match paint we do this as well, but we don't sell them raw because its easier/cheaper for us to get them powder coated. Our coater runs black every other day and for $65 no matter the load they will coat it black(semi-glossish) and that is what we do.. You can paint over it, recoat it, chrome it, whatever. Its still finished ready to install and wont rust/oxidize. To me this is what stands out to a customer's perception of a product. Having to select and pay "more" for it to last and be finished can determine if someone buys it or not. If your product comes finished already the second guessing normally isn't there.. Just my take on it. I try to avoid OEM topics anymore but I felt i had to say something here.






Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:47 PM
John W wrote:

What he does? Selling half finished crap?


ur just trying to stir up @!#$. just shut up. you are not contributing jack.



Don't know what ya got til they take it away...

Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:48 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:

z yaaaa wrote:

sorry if OEM isnt your cookie-cutter dc sports, OBX, and AEM but dear god the cars have been dead for over 5 years, wtf do you expect?!

this excuse gets old, plenty of cars have "died" and still have support...


sure, but how many of them are as hated as the jbody?



Don't know what ya got til they take it away...
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:49 PM
You don't know my situation. You go pay almost 100 dollars for something that should come complete, but you are expected to finish his work. You want to suck his cock go ahead, but I don't need to nor want to. He sold me a half complete part and then walked away because "he was loosing money" as he said in his own damn words. Great customer service.
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:51 PM
You don't need to coat aluminum! Aluminum does NOT rust therefore the product IS complete.



Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:19 PM
John W wrote:

You don't know my situation. You go pay almost 100 dollars for something that should come complete, but you are expected to finish his work. You want to suck his cock go ahead, but I don't need to nor want to. He sold me a half complete part and then walked away because "he was loosing money" as he said in his own damn words. Great customer service.


John, if you have an issue with the piece I made u still, please send the whole bar back and I will fit it properly. Sorry for the hassle.

John, I just called u twice. if you would like to resolve your situation give me a call........

Mark



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:23 PM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search