New spring/strut assembly? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New spring/strut assembly?
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:40 PM
I've got a 1997 sunfire about 60k miles on it, definitely feels like all original sunspemsion. This car is definitely ready for some suspension love! I drive the car about 500 miles a week, so I want to keep it comfortable (i.e. probably oem height etc.)

My question is, in the j-body world's opinion, would it be worth it to just buy new spring/strut assembly's instead of changing out the struts only? Have these springs just sat around for nearly 22 years and therefore would make a big difference to replace? Or will there not be a big difference (as far as you know?) Obviously every car will react differently to modifications, just wanted to get an idea of whether y'all think it would be better to go full replacement springs and struts, or just struts?

Re: New spring/strut assembly?
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:16 PM
U can buy the whole assembly fairly cheap and cut out the hassel of dealing with the spring removal

ReD RaiN
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:30 PM
Personally, I say get the quickstruts. Springs distort over time too, especially when not being used in a full range of motion.
Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:52 PM
i am looking at drop springs like the pro kit and some kyb agx, not much more than quick struts (double) you can adjust the dampening to your preferred level. i hate how the cars drive stock but to each their own. it is an easy job to do and remember to get that alignment done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search