My Rear Disc Swap - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My Rear Disc Swap
Monday, October 30, 2017 12:42 PM
Sweet!

Let us know how the drive goes.

Brian

Monday, October 30, 2017 3:19 PM
Monday, October 30, 2017 3:21 PM
Drives great! I love the way it feels!
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:22 AM
An interesting thought considering the 5/8" bracket. The suspension characteristics have changed a lot. The car tracks quite differently, and it's almost obnoxious as it is a little jerky. The rear track plays with the front caster a bit in respect that the vehicle is always trying to get into a straight line. The front wheel track and the rear wheel track are almost exactly the same now. Wheel loading on turns has changed, putting more pressure to the rear wheels. Going to have to do the Caravan bearings here at some point. Body roll is much more noticeable. Some good, stiff sway bars will fix that. Although a negligible measurement on the rear, scrub radius is closer to OEM with the wheel hubs being pushed out that extra 5/8" to compensate for positive wheel offset. Time to follow up with coilovers and pillowball mounts all around. With the proper coilover system, and some good sway bars, the car should perform significantly better on turns. Maybe that will be my next planned upgrade.
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:50 PM
Been a couple weeks. Still sounds good, feels good, awesome upgrade. I now consider this project done.
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:11 AM
Jason,

That looks great!

I plan to assemble mine together in the spring on my 98 which is now minus its battery since my battery just died in my 99 daily driver and needed a fast transplant.

Brian
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search