Cav/Sunfire Sway Bar Sources in 2018? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cav/Sunfire Sway Bar Sources in 2018?
Friday, April 27, 2018 6:35 AM
My 1998 Cavalier RS Sedan project is definitely going to need some sway bars for it. 10-15 years ago as evidenced by old posts to this site there were lots of great choices but it seems that these days most of them have disappeared with our disappearing J-bodies. I have been poking around looking for bars and the Eibach models for Cavaliers seem to be gone and similar for the Hellwig and Addco. I was looking to do a 22-24mm in the front with a smaller 18-19mm in the rear.

I have only found one place.

http://www.chevycavalierworld.com/eibach-order.php

Are these guys legit? Eibach Cavalier sets seem to be discontinued so perhaps they are sitting on some old stock?

I can find some used Z24 bars on eBay. Are the stock Z24 bars solid or hollow?

Does anyone know of any other places that still may have any of the aftermarket bars for sale?

thanks,

99LN2

Re: Cav/Sunfire Sway Bar Sources in 2018?
Friday, April 27, 2018 7:07 PM
might be able to find something in the facebook jbody groups. chevycavalierworld is a legit site but whether they have stock on the bars or just haven't updated their site would be the question.

03-05 lss came with a 24mm front sway bar from the factory. the rear torsion beam also had the welded in stiffening bar in the fe2 cars (lss/z24) which your RS likely doesn't have. Summit racing still has a listing for the rear Addco bar but you'd probably want to email them to see if maybe Addco will do it as a special order item or if it is in fact discontinued.

afaik, all jbody sways stock or aftermarket are solid.

Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:57 PM
Check your junkyards. I picked up a Eibach front and rear swaybars recently for $30.

FU Tuning

Monday, June 10, 2019 8:22 AM
I think I've got a complete front Eibach sway bar in my garage that I never installed.

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:19 PM
I think I've got a complete front Eibach sway bar in my garage that I never installed.

Are you interested in selling?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search