koni yellows raised.. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
koni yellows raised..
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:22 AM
I just put rear koni yellows (fronts go in on monday, ran out of time) and am a liitle concerned. I have eiback sportlines on it already w/ factory shocks and after the yellows went in my car appears to be higher than before in the back. does it take a day or 2 to settle? any suggestions?

Re: koni yellows raised..
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:46 AM
It shouldn't. Are you sure the spring perches are seated properly and not upside down or anything?

Sunday, February 13, 2005 10:00 AM
I will check them out now, I was looking at the directions left in my car by the mechanic and the diagrams look like you can adjust the stiffness in 2 ways; the know or in a vise when they're out of the car is this correct or am I just looking at this wrong?
Sunday, February 13, 2005 10:11 AM
i have a picture of the gap if someone can post it
Sunday, February 13, 2005 10:14 AM
well it may be higher if you tottally blew your stockers and they were riding on your bump stops. *shrug
i just installed them myself and i love the ride with them. handles so much better. response is quicker. ride is obviously a bit firmer but thats what i wanted.

oh and to adjust them just put the little tool on the top and turn. no need to take them out. the vise thing is so you make sure they are at full soft before installing them

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:37 PM
"the directions for the rears have the pirch UPSIDE DOWN from what it should be on our cars" look at my FAQ on installing the yellows if you haven't already, you will see how it is supposed to be on there. theres a link to it under my sig.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search