ground control or rksport coilovers is there a dif - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ground control or rksport coilovers is there a dif
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:47 PM
i want to get the koni yellows and use coild over is there a difference between the two brands or what?

Re: ground control or rksport coilovers is there a
Monday, February 14, 2005 5:03 PM
i'm pretty sure that the rk's use the stock bearing setup for the fronts which gives GC the huge advantage...

beyond that i don't know of any differences in spring rates, height, etc

and if i'm wrong please correct me

Monday, February 14, 2005 6:52 PM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:i'm pretty sure that the rk's use the stock bearing setup for the fronts which gives GC the huge advantage...

beyond that i don't know of any differences in spring rates, height, etc

and if i'm wrong please correct me
nope they use the same bearings the only difference is that GC uses eibach springs and rk uses H&R springs.

see ya!

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:18 PM
Quote:

nope they use the same bearings the only difference is that GC uses eibach springs and rk uses H&R springs.

so rk doesn't use stock bearings... that quote was worded quite strange

i've got my GC's on order and i've been reading up and from what i read the GC's have their own bearing system for the fronts, rk has their own bearings too?

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:52 PM
go ground-control. i got koni yellows with GC and im slammed and i ride so smmmmmmooooooooth

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:41 AM
I'm pretty sure they're identical but for the spring brand. RKSport used to actually just sell the Ground Control kit before they changed at some point.

Ground Control makes a kit specifically for the Konis though while I'm not sure that RK does. There is some difference to the way they mount so they'll fit the strut shafts perfectly.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:31 PM
ive got the rk's with h&r springs and Kyb agx adjustibles and i ride so nice and so low to the ground 3 1/2 down to the ground
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:34 PM
Matt Macomber wrote:ive got the rk's with h&r springs and Kyb agx adjustibles and i ride so nice and so low to the ground 3 1/2 down to the ground
i am not the only person with the rk/agx combo what settings are you using? i am on 3 front and 2 rear.

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search