I put coilovers on my car and 18s but don't sit - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I put coilovers on my car and 18s but don't si
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:39 AM
Nick Sanders wrote:Yes, This is very true. Mine are the cheap ones and they don't fit my car right at all. Actualy they damaged the cup on top of the suspension because when the car hits a hard bounce the car actualy leaves contact witht he spring and slams back down on it. Not a kewl thing. and it doesn't take much to make it do this. Going over rail road tracks can kill it. I am probably gonna switch out to a full coilover kit with the coils and struts all in one.

This is actually a product of not having enough damping. Unless you're practically catching air, the spring shouldn't come unseated. If it has enough rebound power to unseat itself, then you need more damping. Coilovers don't have pre-load so if you lift the car up off them, they will unseat. That's a fact and has nothing to do with the fact that you've got a crappy set. The weight of the car though should be more than enough to ensure that never happens... unless of course you have a 400 lb rates spring launching your car up after a bump with nothing to absorb that energy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search