Spring sag.. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spring sag..
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:14 AM
How common is this problem? I wanna drop my 04 but not if it's gonna look uneven. is any one brand more at risk of sagging then the other??? I would like to stay around th 2 inch margin of drop.

My Sunfire

Re: Spring sag..
Friday, February 18, 2005 6:45 AM
eibach's are supposed to never sag

if you want adjustability, go coilovers

and don't forget, you get what you pay for.... meaning that ebay coilovers or ebay $40 springs won't do the job

read the faq too, you'll learn alot, i know i did

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:36 AM
I don't want coil overs. I dont want to risk dropping my car and having the spring come loose from the spindle when cresting a hill too fast or over a bump or something. Idont want to have to worry about the alinment every time you raise/lower it. And did read the faq, but it doesn't state which brands to look out for; plus reading threw some old posts, someone mentioned that goldlines had sag on their car, but on the faq it said it was one of the better one's... and i've dropped cars before, myself with hand tools... So I just was looking for "Stay away from..." advice.

My Sunfire
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:59 AM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:eibach's are supposed to never sag

if you want adjustability, go coilovers

and don't forget, you get what you pay for.... meaning that ebay coilovers or ebay $40 springs won't do the job

read the faq too, you'll learn alot, i know i did

they dont sag but i got some 4x4 infront and an even drop in the bag.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Friday, February 18, 2005 11:40 AM
I have Goldline and i've never had any problems with sag. I also have the camber kit, and a professional alignment.

Friday, February 18, 2005 12:03 PM
5secondrule wrote:I don't want coil overs. I dont want to risk dropping my car and having the spring come loose from the spindle when cresting a hill too fast or over a bump or something. Idont want to have to worry about the alinment every time you raise/lower it. And did read the faq, but it doesn't state which brands to look out for; plus reading threw some old posts, someone mentioned that goldlines had sag on their car, but on the faq it said it was one of the better one's... and i've dropped cars before, myself with hand tools... So I just was looking for "Stay away from..." advice.

If you have proper damping, the springs don't come loose from the perches.

You don't have to worry about the alignment when raising or lowering them since you are only making a purely vertical adjustment.

Eibach springs are guaranteed for life not to sag. Ground Control uses Eibach springs on their coilover kits.

Just some info for ya.

Friday, February 18, 2005 12:59 PM
Sunfire Ray wrote:I have Goldline and i've never had any problems with sag. I also have the camber kit, and a professional alignment.

What did you get for an actual drop? And will the fact that i have an eco make a difference? (supposed to be lighter or something right? Maybe it's not so much sag as it is the front sitting higher cause of the lighter load....Hhhhmmmmmm.....

My Sunfire
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:44 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:Eibach springs are guaranteed for life not to sag. Ground Control uses Eibach springs on their coilover kits.

I have had the Eibach prokit springs on my car for 5 years without any sag.

On a side note, my Mantapart sport struts have held up well over the same time period as well.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:02 PM
Quote:

You don't have to worry about the alignment when raising or lowering them since you are only making a purely vertical adjustment.

Actually anytime the ride height is changed it affects other angles of you alignment. Mostly the camber and toe angles, dosn't change the caster much.

Elkahosso

Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:26 PM
had my car ridin on the rksport lowering springs for about a little over a year now and no problems

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search