sorry but i need help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sorry but i need help
Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:20 PM
i dont want to sound like a newbie or a cheap ass but i kinda got a real good deal on these, after an accident that tore my whole front end out and messed up my whole suspension im rebuilding... ive already had the frame pulled and replaced the crossmember and got some struts i had sitting around from a parts car.. but i had no springs, a friend had some bomz racing coilovers lying around and pretty much gave em to me so i figure what the hell.. they didnt have any instructions with them but im a smart guy i figure i can do it no problem.. anyway to my point, i put on the rears with no problem, went on without a hitch. when i get to the front the steering bearing slides right over the coilover, anybody else run into this problem? i know the coilovers are for a 95 to 99 cav ive evn checked on them at bomzracing.com theyre the same.. i asked for help from bomz racing but no response so i turn to my fellow j-body owners.... i love my car and it hurts me to see it just sitting in my garage on jackstands with no front clip or suspension... please any input would be helpful..

thanks,
wet96cav

Re: sorry but i need help
Friday, February 18, 2005 4:53 AM
Sadly, you've been misinformed and they are not actually designed for your car, or any Cavalier for that matter.

Read through this thread for some details on the matter. My only recommendation is to get rid of them and get a proper setup actually designed for your car.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=82373&t=82373

Friday, February 18, 2005 7:47 AM
well chit this sucks now ill have to wait till i get some new springs as i dont even have the factory springs to fall back on...oh well ill try to sell em to one of my honda drivin friends for enough money to get me a decent set... thanks for the response..
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:59 AM
i found some eibach sportlines for 60.00.. pretty good choice??im kinda on a budget or id just order some from RK...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search