noobish Koni question... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
noobish Koni question...
Friday, February 18, 2005 4:27 PM
ok..im sure some will think this a noobish & stupid question but...i have an 04 cav ls sport...which comes with the stage II suspension. i like the ride hieght and dont want to lower it, but id like to dial in the suspension a bit and tune it to my liking a bit more. can i use Konis (reds im thinking) with the stock springs?

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Re: noobish Koni question...
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:14 PM
ya

Friday, February 18, 2005 7:58 PM
I thought that they don't make the reds anymore?

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:42 PM
some places still have a few sets layin around...

Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:59 AM
i could use the yellows too...or any other brand of adjustable shocks/struts...i was just wondering if its ok to use em with an otherwise stock suspension. i dont see how it would hurt but figured id check...someone might know something i dont.

Join verbalwarfare.com

Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:41 PM
Using yellows on stock springs is fine. The good thing about the yellows is they are easily accessible if you want to adjust them - just lift the hood and trunk and turn the dial....

Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:24 AM
honestly if your not lowering more than 2 inches getting the konis would be a waste of your money, get a kyb or toyico shock with a moderate lowering spring maybe like 1.2 inch and that will work best, your stock springs are too soft to provide any type of handling benefit, or if your just wanting to increase handling replace your sway bar up front and add a rear one and throw some Z rated tires on there

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:52 AM
the stock springs (satge II) on my car are stiffer than the base model...and i know because it rides stiffer than my base model sunfire did. as for sway bars...i have the stock 24mm front, stock 19mm rear(inside the axle), and a addco 25mm rear. i see no point in going up just 1mm by replacing the front bar...and the rear is taken care of. im not looking as much to increase the overall handling (grip) of the car as much as tune how it responds to steering input and road conditions. personally i prefer a car that tends toward oversteer and this one will still push the front wheels harder than i like. i prefer to have the rear come loose before the fronts, that way i still have some degree of steering control. influx actually gave me the answer i was looking for. and as far as reds go...as of last night Highrev web site says there are only 15 sets of reds left...after that they are all gone. however yellows are more what i want...adjustable without having to lift the car or remove the damper itself.

Join verbalwarfare.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search