racing springs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
racing springs
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:06 PM
i was wondering who makes the best springs for racing ,,,i don't want the back end to drop and i want to lower it also and i wasnt springs for now but i am getting struts later down the road ..any one got any suggestions.. i realy don't care how stiff the ride will be on the road

Re: racing springs
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:36 PM
i don't even know where to start.... but i'll try

if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right

this saying most certainly applies for you and your car. the struts on our cars do not enjoy aftermarket springs, AT ALL. so yes, you can go buy springs now but don't think about installing them til you have a proper damper (strut) to go with it. it's just not safe, for you or those driving next to you.

as for springs, if you really know what you're doing.... ground control can get you ANY spring rates you want. they are height adjustable and the whole nine yards. if you're not need height adjustability, you might look into eibach or goldline for springs.

struts, kyb agx's or koni yellows are the only struts made for lowering. koni yellows are the ONLY strut made for coilovers or lowering springs past 1.5 inches.

you should really take the time and read the FAQ at the top of the page, it will really answer every question you've asked or have intentions of asking.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:12 PM
As Mr. Meltdown said, read the FAQ.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:45 PM
i digress,

elelbrock has a red, 4 door Z24 with sportlines and stock struts/shocks. however it's track only--no potholes (at all)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search