Wheel Spacers Pt 2 (PICS INSTALLED) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheel Spacers Pt 2 (PICS INSTALLED)
Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:57 PM
Alright well after about 4 sets of different spacers I finally said F* it and pulled out the grinder lmao! Info on these spacers? Got them from the local mexican lowrider shop! LMAO they have A HELL of alot of spacers for like $5 each so I jumped needless to say!=)

Started out on the right side rear wheel first and as you can see it didn't line up AGAIN......

......soooo I got out a buddy of mine and let him lose

Well yea my friend got alittle power hungry and decided to do some unneccesary damage

Turned out fine though! Look at the After photos

Now here's the other side stock and can JOO notice the difference?

So I got started on this side and I believe I did a better job on calculations this time and my buddy was rather conservative on the eating habits!

Perfect fit

Appearance difference? Ehhh look at the measuring tape photos

Handling difference? Ehhh watch for the upcoming video when a few more changes are made to the car! But I can deffinately tell you these spacers alone we're nice! No squeal, no slide, all stick from the rear tires under 35-40mph hard conering!

Thickness of the spacer? Didn't get an actual measurement but it was the same thickness of a pencils eraser! The top part you know! Well I only have 1 post left for this month and I'm going to use it wisely later and hope I answered all possible questions that could be asked! If not AIM= Bballjamal and email is same just with @aol.com

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Re: Wheel Spacers Pt 2 (PICS INSTALLED)
Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:34 PM
How are you centering them? If they are not centered, their going to throw off the balance of the wheel. I bought mine form Coleman Racing. Their just like a thick washer, one for each stud. Also, did you have to get longer studs? With the 1/4" spacers I have, I could only thread two or three threads, so I had to get 1/4" longer studs.

Just a couple of my observations.

BTW Nice ride.

http://www.gulfcoastregionscca.org/

Friday, February 25, 2005 4:00 AM
You sirs, have no love for your wheel bearings. It would be a good idea to find something you could center though. Are your wheels vibrationg now at high speeds?

Gaki, are you going to be at whitehouse(jax) for the SEdiv Divisional on March 19-20? Big event, lots of good drivers, and maybe I wont be the only cavalier ?

Friday, February 25, 2005 5:00 AM
is this to even the width of the back tire to the front???

My Sunfire
Friday, February 25, 2005 6:50 AM
I took the easy way out. I just bought big washers and put two of them to every stud. It gave me a 1/4 inch space and you cant tell that there is anything in there.
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:09 AM
make sure your rear wheels wont hit the fender edge when dropped

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, February 25, 2005 9:45 AM
Zach wrote:You sirs, have no love for your wheel bearings. It would be a good idea to find something you could center though. Are your wheels vibrationg now at high speeds?

Gaki, are you going to be at whitehouse(jax) for the SEdiv Divisional on March 19-20? Big event, lots of good drivers, and maybe I wont be the only cavalier ?

I've had mine for over two year with out any problems with my bearings. While I'm sure it does add extra strain, it's only a 1/4" as opposed to several inches you see on some low-riders. So, I don't think it causes that much extra strain on the bearings.

Unfortunately I won't be making it to SEdiv this year. I'll be in AZ during that time frame. Wish I could though.

Friday, February 25, 2005 9:57 AM
got mine for 20 bucks E-bay. Fit without any grinding

did you make sure to tell them 5x100?. that's all they need to know.

-Chris

Friday, February 25, 2005 10:39 AM
Gaki wrote:
Zach wrote:You sirs, have no love for your wheel bearings. It would be a good idea to find something you could center though. Are your wheels vibrationg now at high speeds?

I've had mine for over two year with out any problems with my bearings. While I'm sure it does add extra strain, it's only a 1/4" as opposed to several inches you see on some low-riders. So, I don't think it causes that much extra strain on the bearings.

Unfortunately I won't be making it to SEdiv this year. I'll be in AZ during that time frame. Wish I could though.

you going to be near phoenix ?? if stop by our region and let us know , and will you have your cav with ya ??

have the spacers actually made a difference in the handling , and times you guys are getting auto X'n

Friday, February 25, 2005 11:03 AM
that s/c looks hawt as hell....

Friday, February 25, 2005 12:05 PM
man i need to try some have yo guys had any problems breaking wheel studs? if not i will go down and buy some

see ya!

Friday, February 25, 2005 12:56 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]
you going to be near phoenix ?? if stop by our region and let us know , and will you have your cav with ya ??

have the spacers actually made a difference in the handling , and times you guys are getting auto X'n

No, I'll be in the southern part near Sierra Vista. I'll be flying out, so I won't have my cavy. My Ol' Man has an '00 Z28 I might run up in Tucson. Do you make those events at all? If so I might see you there.

I couldn't really tell if they made a difference. I got race rubber at the same time I got the spacers. AutoX is a little different than 1/4 mile time. It's all course dependent. At my region we usually have 70+ drivers with everything from stock Echos to an occasional Viper or Ferrari. In the production classes, I usually place in the top 2nd or 3rd overall. My main competition in EM was a gutted S/Ced Intgra Type R. He and I were always within a couple 10ths of each other. Sometimes he'd win and other times I'd win.

Viper98912 wrote:that s/c looks hawt as hell....

Thank you

novaracer wrote:man i need to try some have yo guys had any problems breaking wheel studs? if not i will go down and buy some

No problems with the studs at all. I had to replace them with 1/4" longer ones but they have not broken or caused me any problems.

Friday, February 25, 2005 1:02 PM
ahh! longer studs! where did you get the longer wheel studs? local or on line?

see ya!

Friday, February 25, 2005 1:12 PM
novaracer wrote:ahh! longer studs! where did you get the longer wheel studs? local or on line?

Locally, you should be able to pick them up at any auto store like Autozone. I got mine from O'Rielly's.

Friday, February 25, 2005 1:23 PM
thank you!

see ya!

Friday, February 25, 2005 1:25 PM
^ lol! you are so proficient in knowing suspension parts, yet dont know where to buy longer wheel studs? lol.... but yea, any parts store has them, probably 88 cents a piece or something....

Friday, February 25, 2005 2:12 PM
What's the easiest/best way to replace wheel studs?

Thanks!

Friday, February 25, 2005 2:17 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:What's the easiest/best way to replace wheel studs?

Thanks!

You'll have to remove the disks on the front and the entire rear assemply. Then it just a matter of pounding out the old and pounding in the new. A 5lbs sledge works really well.

Friday, February 25, 2005 2:53 PM
Pounding the new stud into the wheel bearing won't hurt the bearing any then? I kinda gathered that's what I would have to do, but was concerned about that.

Also I assume I order 4 of the 5 packs, and might as well get the studs from there? What was your total?

Thanks a ton man .

Friday, February 25, 2005 3:04 PM
Use a vise too when you pound them out. You'll see once it's off the car, you won't hurt anything. Before you order, check a local hardware store for some washers. You might be able to find one's which are 1/4" thick and cheaper. Just a suggestion. Yes, 4 five packs if you go through Coleman Racing. I don't remember exactly the total, somewhere in the neighborhood of $70.

Friday, February 25, 2005 4:55 PM
dont pound too hard, its much better to put a nut on stud and tighten it, and let it pull itself through.

Friday, February 25, 2005 5:47 PM
Viper98912 wrote:^ lol! you are so proficient in knowing suspension parts, yet dont know where to buy longer wheel studs? lol.... but yea, any parts store has them, probably 88 cents a piece or something....
lol i know parts because i work for GM service parts operations lol i was thinking that he got ARP studs for the strength or something. I replaced wheel studs once in my life on my 79camero. thats a part that just does not go bad, but the owner breaks in some sort of way. and i was a Honda tech before i go into GM

see ya!

Friday, February 25, 2005 6:14 PM
Looks good jamal, I soooooo wish i could do that, but the bag gods said no. even with the fenders rolled, the 19s cannot be pushed out even a millimeter. Oh well....

Friday, February 25, 2005 6:37 PM
arp? lol the 88 cent joints at the local advance were good nuf for me

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search