WHICH SPRINGS?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WHICH SPRINGS??
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:09 PM
Hey guys im looking to get some lowering springs and im having a hard time picking what i should go with. currently i am looking at getting the eibach pro kit, im wanting a drop that is probley about 1.6 all around. i have the drift kit, but have not installed it yet.

oh and p.s does anyone know the stock height of a 95 cavalier 2door

thanks in advance!

Re: WHICH SPRINGS??
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:15 PM
Measure for your stock height and do a freaking SEARCH for some springs...YOUR MAKING THE DECISION!!!

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:50 PM
make sure you get aftermarket struts to go with your springs

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:16 PM
Either go with Eibach's,H&R or B&G Springs or Ground Control Coilovers and either way get KONI YEllows.

Monday, February 28, 2005 6:32 PM
Well i would say for the drop you want to go with the eibach pro kit! However i disagree with the above that states go with only koni yellows, see unlike a few years ago there are now choice for strurts in my opinion go with the tokico d specs they are damper adjustable for ride quality. they are also direct bolt ins

-- MyZcar

Monday, February 28, 2005 6:42 PM
i have the progress springs and they lower the front 1.7 and 1.5 in the rear. the ride is great and havent had a problem either.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:14 PM
To Redfire (red96sunfire1022). dont post anything if you dont have anything good to say.but thanks for worthless 2 cents i did do a search and did not find much info on a veriety of springs. to everyone else thank you for your input. at least some people on here have the decency to help another j-body driver out.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:55 PM
SPRINGS
If you choose springs here are your choices: ***Courtesy of BearsFan (Jerry A)***

Spring Choices

1- Apex (1.6") - - - (Need Info & Input)
2- B-G Sport Springs (1.6") - - - (Need Info & Input)
3- DropZone - - - (1.7")
4- Eibach Pro kit (1.4") - - - (Great Choice/ Watch For Uneven on 2.2)
5- Eibach Sportline (1.7F - 2.3R) - - - (Great Choice/ Watch For Uneven on 2.2)
6- Fastco (1.6") - - - (Need Info & Input)
7- GoldLine (1.75") - - - (Nice Firm Ride, Popular Choice)
8- H&R Springs (1.6F - 1.4R) - - - (Need Info & Input)
9- Intrax (1.7") - - - (Need Info & Input)
10- MantaPart Sport Springs (1.5" or 2.0") - - - (Need Info & Input)
11- Progress (1.7F - 1.5R) - - - (Need Info & Input)
12- Spring Tech (1.8") - - - (Need Info & Input)
13- Sprint (1.8") - - - (Nice Firm Ride, Popular Choice)
14- Suspension Tech (1.2") - - - (Nice Ride, Small Drop)

Basically here quality will pretty much show in price. The smaller drops will obviously cost less, only a little is changed from stock. So quality shouldn’t really be an issue there. But once you pass the 1.5 mark, when you hear someone’s springs like Intrax for example which are rated for 1.7, they say they are at a 2-inch drop or 2 and a quarter, that means the spring has SAGGED. Like a woman’s mammaries, we all should know sagging is NOT GOOD. Sure some people may still like the ride that’s their preference. Getting used to something isn’t always the best thing. People do it, but so do inmates when they become bubba’s b****. Eibach, H&R, B-G are among the top springs, with goldline in there as well. These are the springs that get low past 1.5… Bearsfan has also had success with the 1.2nch dropping S.techs. They are one of the only sets that are linear springs. They have a decently low spring rate being linear and being spring only. Usually, even though those give a decent ride, people prefer stiffer springs, and most times lower, for increased handling and stability, but do keep in mind. There is more to the setup THAN JUST spring choice. It is possible to have a baddazz-handling car with a soft suspension and proper bracing and the correct anti-roll bars (sway bars). I will cover that a bit more in another post. Big Notice…springs and coilovers on ebay are cheap for a reason. As you see most quality springs are 150$-220$+, when you see springs on ebay being sold for 60$ there is a reason. I seriously hope logic kicks in for you.

COILOVERS
Now on to coilovers, this section will be relatively short as I have already covered this. Instead there are 2 links posted that will reference you to information on what to look for and what not to look for.

***Once again courtesy of Bearsfan (Jerry A)***

Coil-Over Choices

1- AroSpeed - - - (So Much Conflict & Opinions)
2- APC "Next Level" - - - (Need Info & Input)
3- Ground Control - - - (Best bang for the Buck get w/ Konis)
4- HMS CoilOvers - - - (Need Info & Input)
5- HP CoilOvers - - - (Good for the price, most are Happy)
6- MantaPart CoilOvers - - - (Need Info & Input)
7- Number 1 CoilOvers - - - (Need Info & Input)
8- RK Coilovers - - - (can you say "Ground Control")
9- Skunk2 Coilovers - - - (Need Info & Input)
10- Spring Tech "Blue Line" - - - (Need Info & Input)
11- Tsudo Coilovers - - - (Need Info & Input)
12- Weapon-R "Circuit Pro" - - - (Not Much Info, but bad Info)

Now for info on coilovers go here:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=49870&t=40664

additional info on lowering at all, especially on coilovers and rksport full coilovers listed:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=46968&t=43234

I would higly advise that you def read the first and second post in full. It will save you headaches in the long run and you wont screw up your ride by being cheap or simply not knowing.

A few combos of note in the spring & strut/ full coilover area are

***Once again courtesy of Bearsfan (Jerry A)***

Complete Coil-Over/ Spring & Strut Combos

1- RKSport "Pro-Street CoilOver" - - - (Need Info & Inout)
2- MantaPart Sport Strut Coil-Over - - - (Need Info & Inout)
3- Bilstein Coil-Over Package - - - (Bilsteins, What Else can You Say)
4- Koni Reds w/ Eibach SportLines - - - (Very Popular & Satisfying Combo)

And im sure there is a gazillion posts on certain springs and what ppl think of them.

Quote:

dont post anything if you dont have anything good to say

and all i have to say to that is, SHUDDUP Sorry i dont have the decency to help you out my fellow jbody driver.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search