Alignment Issues. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alignment Issues.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:27 PM
I just got a alignment on my car, do to the car pulling to the left. Well this would be the third time that i've taken my car back to the shop and it still pulls to the left. I have a 2000Z 5sp. I have intrax spings and Manroe struts. Any suggestions as to what this could be.

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE IMPORTS!!

Re: Alignment Issues.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:34 PM
maybe its the manroe struts. those are not made for lowering

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:18 AM
Are your tires worn out? Maybe a rotation of the tires would do the trick if the car has been back 3 times. That's of course if the shop knows what they are doing.

Monday, March 07, 2005 10:12 AM
brand new tires

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:11 AM
If you have a blown strut that can cause the car to pull. Probably a blown left front or rear.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:20 AM
does it do it all the time, or just under accel?

mine has done it under accel for a long time.
Still dont know what it is...
Nither do any mechanics

Speed is relative. But the feeling is absolute.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:53 PM
It pulls all the time, but pulls real hard when you push on the gas.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:54 PM
And the struts are new too.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:39 AM
just because your Manroe struts are new does not mean you can have 1 or morn blown. As someone said, Manroe's are just stock replacemnts, they are NOT made to be lowered on.

KYB only warentee only covers a 1.5 inch drop. Your at a 2 inch drop on what most people would consider a "lower quality" strut. Your best bet is probally going to be replace the monroe's with Koni's, Tokico's or Tein struts.

I'd also try getting an alighment at a different shop. If they haven't corrected the problem in 3 tries, they probally are not doing something right.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:00 AM
Monroes are stock replacents some people have blown them in less than 6 weeks of use and that can attribute to the alignment issue. Also, what i learn from experience is not every alignment shope is the best i go to tire kingsom here and they seem to have the best set up. I went to one place that could never get my alignment correct and said they won't do any more alignments on my car because it is problem matic. I had to go back 5 times in 3 months.
I went to tire kingdom and they did an excellent job. Told me i may need shims in the back but not nessary at this point.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:19 AM
MIKEDAWG wrote:It pulls all the time, but pulls real hard when you push on the gas.
that makes me think that it is a bushing that is bad because on the rack the tires are on a flat surface and the road is crowned placing a load on the control arm bushings and a bad bushing would make it self know when you acclerate or brake. changing the toe making the car want to pull.

see ya!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:20 AM
that makes me think that it is a bushing that is bad because on the rack the tires are on a flat surface and the road is crowned placing a load on the control arm bushings and a bad bushing would make it self know when you accelerate or brake. changing the toe making the car want to pull.

see ya!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:19 AM
Where should I go to have the bushing checked out.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:56 PM
What do you's think of the rk poly. bushings.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search