Sport Suspension? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sport Suspension?
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:53 PM
Trying not to sound too noobish-

I've seen on a bunch of websites that, sunbirds, at least, came with either standard or "sport" suspention. I'm guessing the sport came on the GT's, but is there any way to knwo if i've got it or not.....?
TIA from someone who knows almost nothing about suspention

14.84 @ 92.04mph

Outdated sig pic FTW!

Re: Sport Suspension?
Monday, March 07, 2005 5:17 AM
When I bought my fire the sport suspension was only on the 1sc model.. The difference??? A rear sway bar.. Thats it..

My Sunfire
Monday, March 07, 2005 5:53 AM
I'm really not sure what the differences were on the 2nd gens. As mentioned, the "sport" suspension on the 3rd gens involved nothing more than a small rear stabilizer bar and a front sway bar. I believe those front bars came in different sizes depending on the year of the car.

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:35 PM
my sport model cavi had a rear sway bar. would would ask this over in the second gen section. the folks there will know more specific things that you might want to know.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:59 AM
i know the old skyhawks came with a "rally" suspension, which included shocks and springs as well as sway bars. then again, i stop and think about GM's "rally wheels" or the cavalier "rally sport" and i realize it's probably a play on words, stupid paradox.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:43 AM
Isn't the sport suspension on 3rd gen's a little bit lower? My car looks a little lower than my gf's base 02.. But maybe it's cause I have 16" rims and she only has 14" rims..

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:57 PM
i think the z's look lower than the base models. probably like 1/2" or something like that. or maybe it's the ground effects, that little lip on the front bumper and going down the side. not sure what it is.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search